Lets address the elephant in the room.(mayhem servers and clan size)

think about it, raid time rolls around and ur 30 member clan all log on, only 10 more ppl can join. Hardly a fight huh?

I still can log on all my community 40+ppl, so? One more time - it’s not about fix for blobs. It’s about another problem which Funcom reject to discuss.

so your 30 man clan is gonna go pwn the 10 others…

i see a small camp fire, i should use my god token on it…overkill will kill your server, then your 30 peep clan can fight no one since you ran them all off

1 Like

You are completely inattentive
I will have 30-40 ppl in my tribe regardless of the decisions Funcome was made. We are one old russian game community.
The only question is whether we will suffer from a lack of clan managment instruments or play comfortably.

40 players is so small scale it is laughable…

Yes but can you respect oure which to not have to go up against a alfaclan?

Masmassu, point to the place on the doll where the bad alpha clan touched you… Seriously dude, face it… there are going to be alpha clans. A 10 member max for clan means large clans will just have some people in one clan and more in another. It’s not going to solve any of your imaginary problems. It’s just going to deter groups from other games from coming in to play Conan. It’s a really dumb move by funcom. 20-25 max might be more reasonable.

3 Likes

that was not what i asked about, i was asking you about server dedicated for big Clans.

And what i understand this max 10 member thing is just the start on try to balanseing the game away form alfaclans.

And no no alfaclan have raided me ever. But i know its no fun ( or even poseble ) face 40+ member Clans. Spec if they are on the same spot.

The underlying issue here sparking debate is the server size. I totally understand that not all 30 members of your community will be online at the same time, but it’ll be above average numbers for the first couple of weeks. If we had optimized 100 slot servers, there would be no problem with 20-25 member clans. I say make lemonade from these lemons and spark some internal conflict from within your groups. Invite some friendly competition within your Discord (or whatever platform you use) and attack one another (since you’ll be the majority of players online anyway). Knowing your aggressors makes you much less likely to label them as a griefer and keep tempers down.

The end all for both the 24/7 and clan size arguments is to share a private server. Don’t password protect it to allow more people to join. Private servers offer improved player capacity and whatever settings the owners would prefer. You could have 1x harvest or 10x, 8 member clans or 40, 1 hour raid windows or 24 hour, and it’s all up to you.

2 Likes

10 max clan size is insane. It needs to be 20-25 at least. Nobody plays Conan 24/7, clans need slots for casual players too.

What you’ll end up with is two clan types;

1. 10 man clans with 10 hard core players who do CE as their jobs, and dominate the server as Alpha… Doing all things you wanted to stop by setting the max to 10.
  2. Smaller casual player clans who get stomped by the alphas, because they now have neither the time, nor the numbers to stop anyone from rolling them perpetually.

Oh, and there will be one more clan type:
3. 0 man clans with 20+ members who play other games instead because they can all play together on those other survival games without stupidly low clan size limits.

And what is stopping those 10 men from doing exactly that right now? Having 30 man clans on a 40 slot server, they can easily block out another clan being raided from logging in…

1 Like

Ok, so how about we split the difference and make the max 20? No way a clan is good to get all 20 on, but even if they manage, that’s only half the max pop of the server.

BTW, I also would like to see the server limit pushed to 70, if it can be stable.

Most servers will have 40 slots official and there will be 3-5 servers with 70 slots to test that was a lie or is it the truth was friday at funcom in the stream .

Most servers will have 40 slots official and there will be 3-5 servers with 70 slots to test that was a lie or is it the truth was friday at funcom in the stream ?

uninstall the game