Lets talk PVE-C

You haven’t played too many official servers. I’ve encountered multiple PvE-C servers with discord groups of 10-20 ppl that join the server and “convince” everyone to quit the game. They camp outside your base during pvp time and use 3rd party software to disconnect you and kill you offline, then proceed to crash the server for hours.
Next day you wake up with your base surrounded by statues (a toxic practice called claim spam) to block your build from expanding and they make sure to reset it every week.
You can only make tickets to zendesk and receive this three times in a span of 4 months, before you quit the server/game:

"Greetings Exile,

We currently experience a high number of contacts from our community, and regret not having been able to do an in depth investigation on the issue you reported.

We hope it has already improved on its own. However, if this still impacts your experience on official servers, please feel free to get back to us and let us know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

This is PvE-C in a nutshell for official servers since I’ve seen this on 6 official servers already and it’s the same 2-3 clans that do this. Using every imaginable expoit possible and 3rd party programs to “own” you.

The game is in a decent state right now, but Funcom needs to implement ways to counter foundation spam griefing, claim blocking other players with placeablaes. The community came up with lots of solutions like upkeep, building limitation, increase cost after certain number of built pieces, etc.

Better ddos protection has also been heavily requested since alot of servers crash more than often.

There’s also the issue with the big discord servers that just join server after server in multiple “allied” clans to ruin everyone’s game experience. PvP should just be a toggle option at this point because people do want to pvp, but not 1vs20.
This topic makes a good suggestion for the forced PvP we have to deal with:

This is feedback from playing the game for 4000+ hours on PvE-C and PvP. Imagine playing for so many hours just to get an overview of what the real problems are with the game and getting ignored. I hope this doesn’t get overlooked.

TLDR: PvE-C experience could be enhanced by just solving the current problems with the game like overbuild, claim block, ddos, 20player-clans, forced PvP.

Best regards.

1 Like