Lifeblood Spear

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online private
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

Lifeblood Spear does not work any more after patch today

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Lifeblood Spear in hotbar
  2. mount Lifeblood Spear in hand after beeing hit
  3. No effect
  4. no regen of life
2 Likes

The Lifeblood regen buff has changed. It now only procs once every 5 seconds and damage does not turn it off. (according to patch notes), however it doesn’t seem to be working at all.

1 Like

Well then its just another spear and not anything to go for anymore.

1 Like

Works fine for when I tested it earlier.

1 Like

All I did was take damage and equipped it.

1 Like

I took some time to test out the spear. I does proc every 5 seconds but the regen is so negligible that it is not hardly noticeable. The lifeblood spear, with this patch, has been so nurfed that it is not really worth the effort to get it. One of the most valuable weapons in the game…basically gone.

4 Likes

Yes, which is in the patch notes.

2 Likes

Perhaps they only intended to nerf the rate of healing, as the patch notes suggest, and the nerf on the amount of healing was a mistake and will be reverted.

We can only hope, otherwise the Lifeblood Spear is pretty much a midgrade spear with a fairly useless quirk.

2 Likes

Well if u have the 3th perk in Vitality then throw away the spear

What Ole said + Soothing buff?

Regards

jim

1 Like

I think this is a bug, I am getting no increased rate of healing above and beyond not having the spear equipped at all.

I know its been reduced from 1-5 seconds, but it isnt producing a benefit every 5 seconds for me on official PvP

Please fix it Funcom!!

I dont see why they had to nerf it in the first place…

1 Like

Funcom has the infuriating habit of making changes that no-one wants.

2 Likes

Yea, its mad, it just means you cant recover as quickly after a fight so you just have to stand there.

I’ve just tested it again and I am certain that it isnt working.

U can see it if u go to inventory (I) but as I said it is ticking after 5 sec but only 2 or 3 ticks

It heals 1 health every five seconds. If you have Vitality 30, you may not even notice it tick.

yes u do. it tickes a tiny bit faster after 5 sec. there is a little jump in hp

I have never found the spear, so not really an impact to me, but …

I have noticed that Funcom, when finding something that is overpowered, tends to swing much farther to the other side than is necessary.

I also have to overcompensate, but in a different context :blush:

Regards

jim

1 Like

They nerfed the spear from like 5 health per second to 1 hp per 5 second. It’s literally so less that you hardly recognise the effect. That alone should give the developer an indication of the usefulness of that buff.
Personally I think 1hp per second would be okayish. It’s hardly exploitable in PvP and still gives a reasonable extra regeneration still not render other aid obsolete even in PvE.

1 Like

Sorry but i’m going to have to say that from my point of view this “adjustment” was a mistake. They took an item that requires a considerable amount of effort to get. To be able to emergency heal yourself in combat unless you were still taking damage, and turned it into what to me now is basically a rare piece of junk. Honestly as it is now if I could recycle the thing I would. From testing on a server with no mods and no adjustments to character healing or hitpoints or anything like that. It’s now no better than the “Fierce Vitality” perk in stats, or the new “Soothing” perk they added. Just not a good move at all from my point of view.

1 Like

Yea if this was a “PvP balance issue” then that really chaps my cookies right up the wall. There is no reason that PvE players should be made to suffer for what PvP players want. From all sources I can access the game population is about split evenly between PvP and PvE, so there is really no point to this and they should have just removed the item from the game if they were going to do this. Or made it into a craftable Library of esoteric artifacts item perhaps. Although as it is now, even if it was craftable, knowing how weak it is now I probably wouldn’t bother with it.

1 Like