Lightning Storm should not do building damage

A response from @den about the lightning storm would be nice.

Either nerfing it’s damage and radius or just having god bubble protect against it.

Any kind of response from the devs about this would go a long way.

Well the path is clear now, have your 3x3 rat hole somewhere, push sorcery, craft leather pouches and go with the abyss armor and start wiping bases with the storm :wink:

Whilst the storm is doing it’s thing, kill some NPCs to feed your armor.

300% troll mode

Make it channeled for the full duration. Just like an avatar. You can’t stop it, you are commited to the storm. Lock the people into an animation. That seems to be the newest fashion atm.

Kill the sorcerer to interrupt the spell.

1 Like

People won’t like that because they’ll die doing the full channel.

Simplest solution is to just have god bubbles protect against it.

I think having bubbles protect against LS is a good idea. Why not?

1 Like

agree, not need to make explosives or gods for raids, raids with using storms close to free. Need to turn off dmg for buildings, otherwise there will be no point to building something

they will continue to do building damage, but we can adjust the frequency they target buildings. we’re investigating exactly how much damage they’re doing per strike - anecdotally people say they’re doing more than an explosive jar and “one shotting” t3, but the numbers internally suggest they should be a fraction as powerful and large as an explosive jar.

tl:dr - we’re looking into it

4 Likes

Thanks for the response.

I believe some strikes do little damage but some do insane damage. Had a heat efficient furnace and a garrison armourer bench get 1 shot.

2 Likes

Exploring the devkit can be rewarding if you’re seeking a particular exploit, too. When I was part of Exploit Hunters it really came in handy to figure out what the goobers were doing, rather than just grinding away.

However, I’ve always been with your way principally: we are here (if we’re willing) to test the application. Something is aggregating the bolts, clearly to induce as much damage as is depicted and repeatable.

some are doing over 200k damage (2 or 3 by ls), youtube is full of video showing it, all bases on official are wiped by ls, in a way gods were not able to do. and LS is so easy to farm. and use…

look at 2:20 to see when hit doing 200k damage and blow t3.Don't Build Pillar Bases Anymore In Update 3.0 Conan Exiles : New Raiding System With Magic - YouTube

Excellent news to know that the T3 one-shots and 100k damage shots on Vaults are not intended. Without those one-shots, LS is balanced because while it does 1-5k damage (seemingly) to most building pieces it really only means large chests can be vulnerable but it’s not a spectacularly OP base-killer and is more of a tool to push defenders out of their base unless they take the 20 grit perk (cap dmg at 25% of hp) and turtle all day while repairing and building. Also, said people can use the same spell to push raiders away from the base. All in all it could be a fantastic spell in many scenarios if the bug is fixed.

There is a ton of footage to prove that those T3 shots are happening, posted in the thread. The first post of thread has links to those posts among others.

I realize this, but there is no way I am installing any EGS product on my machines after several security issues I suffered from them. I got my account GDPR deleted as soon as I was able to. Done with that company.

1 Like

Well not sure, even if low damage 5k, of what I experienced LS focus on placeables, which mean chests , so even if low damage it will in priority destroy your hidden chest with your loot, that if hidden behind foundation, will despawn.

the focus on placeables seem crazy for me, as it means that LS is simply a very quick and efficient way to really wipe a player (having assurance to make him lost all, base + loot, hidden or not), which in the old siege system was nearly impossible to achieve for an experienced player. i mean i have been raided hundred of time, saw all gods used, tons of c4, tons of arrow, but what LS destroyed in past week, was never achieved by all other raid in the past three years. it why i say actual state of game make it impossible to play with a base, and in fact you don’t need if u just need to farm LS. you can live naked with one chest, and wipe all.

There has been some speculation around here that the storm might be targeting foundations.
As such it does not do too much damage to a “normal” building…
However PvP players like stacking foundations on top of each-other… (so they can build very ugly buildings, I’m sure of it!)… and if lightning does damage everything in the path that would explain how foundations closer to the top would take not only their damage, but the one targeted at the bottom one as well?
Could be used as a “pretty up your damn buildings PvP people” feature :thinking: :smiley:

You should test the storm internally with 100% building hit chance. Then test it on an average PvP base like “Eye that never closes”.

So you can see and evaluate the “worst case” scenario and balance based on that.

Keep in mind that people WILL spam storms after each other. They WILL abuse it if it is too strong.

2 Likes

yes it simply need to play the game to see it…

Not quite. Foundations should be connected to meshes whenever possible.

Stacked foundations are useless, because you break the lowest one and the whole wall collapses.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not debating their usefulness (or lack of it) lol :slight_smile:
I’m just saying it’s a thing… you have probably seen those silly massive forts made of foundations too :smiley:
I never said those people are actually good at it haha, however if the speculation of lightning seeking foundations is indeed true, then the more of them you have the more damage your base suffers

1 Like

Yes ofc

1 Like

I built a “normal” building in my 30 minute video. I used proper honeycomb that’s allowed on officials aka start with foundation then the rest is ceilings, walls, and rooftop intersections. LS still hollows out a base like that extremely easy.

You can find this video from one of the posts I referenced in my first post (first post of this thread).

I realy hope this lightening spell gets a big nurf even no damage to buildings raiding sould be explosives and gods not just sat on a roof casting but we all know that o nce the update dropped somthing would be broken

And yet I see stacked foundations on so many servers.