Lightning Storm should not do building damage

Lol. I’m a programmer, I’ve been working in the software industry for 10+ years now and I know not to refer to pieces of code as gospel. Maybe other things reference it. Maybe there’s some load order somewhere that changes how it’s affecting things. Some framework that overrides it. Etc. I’m not sifting through another company’s codebase for a mere game feedback thread. Additionally, you can’t refer to the code by itself. You have to black box test it. You have to integration test it end to end (like I am by playing the game and providing footage). And especially important - in a game, you have to determine whether it’s balanced for it’s cost vs what it can do.

Provide footage of your playtesting with LS or get out. My advice is to stop reading through the code and play the game. You mentioned earlier that “costs are irrelevant to what you’re looking for” - they absolutely relevant when you look at the game holistically. Real programmers code and read code from both an individual and holistic perspective. You’re only looking at the individual.

1 Like

I have to be careful how I say this. Caves are not as secure as everyone believes them to be. I will not list more on these forums due to ToS. Search youtube on the subject for your answer.

I’m not going to post a video until you do what I have done at a minimum. And I will keep posting regardless of what you want. So we can keep this going forever.

Here’s more facts for you:

2 Likes

That was kind of you to map out . Thank you for the information Taemien, I will enjoy studying it.

I didn’t map it out, that’s the actual blueprint opened in the devkit where the damage is handled. All I did was took a peek.

Not sure why everyone else suddenly has an aversion to doing so.

Looking at the code by itself is worthless without playing the game. This is a game feedback thread, not a PR.

1 Like

I never downloaded the devkit as I do not run a server. The information is enlightening.

1 Like

I am sorry… i couldnt resist…

1 Like

Doesn’t work. Community server admin just blacklisted 96106 and was able to learn via thau bench / normal sorcery research.

Did he block the bench?

It’s bullshit and it’s getting changed.

I played for 7 days and my T3 base was poped like popcorn easily by one spell by a player named pvv and 2 others. They used one spell storm and leveled us. This thing is broken.

This admin wants to only block LS, not all sorcery. LS is a feat so it should fall under blacklist feat capabilities right?

That one I’m not 100% about, since its not exactly a recipe.

If it was intended it would of been on the damn trailer.

Just give us a craftable lightning rod
Problem solved

I would be fine with this. It’s silly that they added spells like LS and Bat Flight etc with no real counters.

Ice Bridge has like 50 hp, so anyone can kill it with a bow, but Bat Flight is gameable and LS is OP.

Given the fact that Funcom has been warned in June already, way before testlive came out, this is unacceptable.

Source:

LS is currently the cheapest way to raid bases. And it is fire and forget. It has a similar destruction power as an avatar (or god).

A god you have to control. You are vulnerable to other players during that 1 minute. It is globally announed in the eventlogs of all players and even visible on the map. There is a delay when summoning it (you kinda have that too for spells) and the crafting of the god coin takes a while too.

3 Likes

Has there been a hotfix for LS? It doesn’t seem to be doing as much damage as it had been doing in the first few days?

Nope. If you’re seeing it do less damage, its because people figured out where the heavy damage comes from and took measures to mitigate it. The one’s who haven’t figured it out, are trying to get the devs to take pity on them.

1 Like