Loading Conan drains my internet connection

PC, online game, either with or without mods - it’s the server list/connections that’s the problem.

when i connect to a server, either from the server list or the continue option in the launcher the game would usually use all my bandwith blocking me, or anyone else in the house from using the internet (already loaded pages would still work, and streams would too) and 10 or so mins it would work again.

so before i launched i usually made sure i had the pages running i wanted, like music on youtube… and family streaming in the house wouldn’t be affected.

now since Nemedian expansion or so, the game still does it, but it last for much longer and it will suck up all the internet for 30 or so mins preventing my family from using internet.

i have 100/100 mb fibernet and no other game suck it all…

while it was a minor frustration before, i’m now in a situation where i can only play if noone else is home, which is rare with gf and 2 kids.

The server browser may also need to be looked at, because most of the time i can’t get info on many servers while in the serverlist… list just returns ???/??? on many parameters so i can’t tell things like: people online, server age and ping.

could you also expand it so each server is displayed with a complete modlist?
could you add an option to only show servers WITH mods, and not like now, also show servers with mods.
Vanilla Conan is just too damn boring after 4000+ hours…

Hey @Socordia

We’ve edited your post to be less confrontational, more constructive. We’re sorry for the frustration some issues may cause but do please remain respectful when reporting an issue.

Regarding your problem, this seems to be an isolated problem maybe caused by some hardware combinations. Could you please let us know your system specs, as well as your modem/router model and service provider/region? Since you’re playing with mods, please do let us know your mod list?

Thanks in advance.

well, we can rule out 2 things.

it’s not isolated, because at least one person in the general section confirmed this…

we can also rule out that it’s a combination of hardware in the computer, because the same problem persist from my old computer and my sons computer.

i will buy the router thing.

I’m in denmark, Sealand, Fibia connected through fiber.

i’ll get the name of the router from the ISP asap, i’m also using a Zyzel router to spread the internet out because the provided router only has 1 port.

How many devices do you have connected to the router? Phones, tablets, consoles etc

That might be your problem. I’ve heard… bad things about Fibia. No personal experience with them, so take that with a grain of salt.

Possibly whatever process is involved in populating the server list triggers some sort of “temporary ban” from your service provider (an over-zealous anti DOS/DDOS rule perhaps?).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.