Loss of entire bases on private server

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: US/ East Coast
Mods?: No
Edition: Microsoft Store | Game Pass

Bug Description:

On three separate occasions a clan in Buccaneer Bay has lost everything they have built, castle, arena, thrall wheels, and even their recently built RP village to an unknown issue. Also, smaller instances of the same issue have arisen on other areas of the map, particularly Broken Sands near the Summoning Place and also on the Slave Road near the Unnamed City.

Installed Mods:

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

This is not something that can simply be recreated. It is happening at random, usually after a server restart, so that may be an issue. However, it’s effect is affecting the stability of the entire server, and is creating a fear from the clans and kingdoms on the server of losing their entire regions to this issue. It’s getting tiresome that this is occurring and will certainly affect the morale of players across the board as I am certain this isn’t an isolated incident.

Is there an effort being made to fix this game breaking bug? Or should I simply keep server restarts from happening? Any help or advice would be much appreciated, i love the game and what has been accomplished over the years since early access, it just seems that with each update another aspect of the game is broken and remains unfixed for too long. Thanks

2 Likes

Any event log info? That would be a good indicator what happened

2 Likes

All it tells them is that it lost stability. But I saw the bases, we’ve held RP events at them on several occasions, they were built properly because I had a hand in building them and none of my other builds have had an issue with this.

1 Like

I’ve seen the same on 2 private Exiled Lands servers, and a private Isle Of Siptah server. (all PvE) that I play on as well.
Some have lost the entire superstructure of their bases, leave everything hanging in mid-air and on the gorund to decay at the speed to a forlorn loot-bag.
Others (myself included) have randomly lost many chests of stuff. At first we though that it was just chests that were on shelves and lost stability, but there are others chests missing that were both placed on ceiling tiles and on top of crates.
Have also had crates mysteriously vanish.
Some individual items that were on the chests (like candles) were lost due to instability.
These chests were NOT picked up by another player, had building pieces removed from underneath them or even had a purge anywhere close to their location.

It is very highly frustrating to lose ALOT of stuff that takes a long time to acquire (like a chest full of fighter thralls with the old pre-tweaked stats), and chests of Tier 3 building materials etc.

It makes the game not fun, especially when the fist thing you do on log-in is to have to go abound all bases on various servers to see what’s still there, and indeed, if it’s there at all.

There are a good few of us being affected by this bug which has gotten much worse since the last patch.
Before that, for years, occasionally the odd chest would vanish…but one chest here or there can be excused as a potential accident. This is way more than that.

Some of us are getting very close to just dropping the game completely after 4k+hours…

2 Likes

Same here. I’m 3k hours player, mostly PvE

I did a cathedral on Siptah (Online private Server), then the NPC camps update put me a camp inside the building (in K10).

So decided to redo it and obviously try something better / bigger. It took hundred of hours but it’s kinda the same look. Finished it a mounth ago and decided to jump back in the game today after a little break. The building is gone, the previous cathedral faded aswell

Logs show it’s due to a lack of stability (in french), wich is not possible since the 2 cathedrals were already built :thinking:

Checked the other buildings in the server, only those in stormglass are gone, the constructions in other materials don’t get affected by this.
Hope a server rollback is possible cause this is disgusting

2 Likes

how much time did you stop to play ?

I know private servers may have increased decay timmer or no decay timmer , but not all private servers have the same “rules” , so it might be from decay ( check in your event log if you can spot a line saying " building piece has turned into decay state will decay at day hour/minute/seconds " ) or it might be the admin of the privately owned server that just “enforces” the server rules ( most private server have a discord with rules to comply with , such as " let the admin know if you are taking a break on the game and for how long or the building will be considered abandoned " ect… )

2 Likes

If it makes anyone feel better logged into to my private ps4 server this morning to find 21 Eldarium chests along with contents decayed yesterday. This is in our base next to our beds in some cases a few chests a couple days ago it looks like. Decay timer 292.48 Should a wall tick down as you are watching it or stay at full decay time never paid attention to the seconds? Any thoughts that it could be using Eldarium chests on a Exiles server I admit we spawned those in.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t think this would make anyone feel better … just worse !

did you worked on your base recently ( like pick up some building pieces in the area around the time the chests decayed ) cause there was a couple reports linking this sudden loss of chests stability to the new pick-up fundations mechanic …

edit : and yes a wall timmer will tick down untill the server tick bring the timmer back up

anyways sorry for your loss :pensive:

2 Likes

My biggest concern is others on the server alot of I have never met. Didn’t use pickup at base but down by newbie river last week. Won’t put chests on shelves any time soon. First time this has happened to us here as far as I know.

1 Like

We are 3 friends on our server and disabled any form of decay.
Logs say it’s a stability problem + other building should have faded too if it was only a decay problem.

2 Likes

aconteceu comigo de base sumir, fiz vários teste, e a conclusão , bug do jogo, e acontece quando vc ultrapassa entre 10k a 12 k ,some tudo quando o servidor é reiniciado, não importa ,privado ou oficil. pvp, pve e geral, eu já verifiquei e testei tudo relacionado a deterioração,e a fucom nem para da um esclarecimento, acho uma falta de respeito com os fãs de conan, porque se não fossemos fãs teríamos largado isso

1 Like

I can confirm all the Problems about vanishing bases. I have my own server hosted at G-Portal. G-Portal support told me the problem is known and funcom would be working on it. Seems not.
I was building a big base near Chaosmund in Nemedian style. I have to appreciate i love Nemedian style, best building set. After Server restart, after a big update from funcom (the one with the grave nonsense), the whole base was gone. Only the part in the desert, which was just a good ramp to get into the green was still there, also all thrall´s and the big safe and some small items. But all building parts in the green where gone. I really was annoyed. I play the game since early access but anything like that never happend before. I lost complete my interest on the game till a friend asked wether I have a server on. So i again started with him. I build a new base now in D11 (green zone again) I guess. All fine till 7pm.
My server restarted as every day. It restarts at 1 and every 6 hours. When i logged back in, my new base is gone again, except the thralls and some minor items, maybe half a dozend. this base was again more then 60 hours “work”, and now I´m really pissed. There is no building part left, so it can´t be any kind of stability problem, otherwise there would be at least the pillars stuck in the earth. Well one is left, all thralls in working benches are gone except one the rest is half a dozend mod items.
By the way, maybe it is one mod that is causing that trouble, can all who have the problem post there
mods?
Mine are :
Pippi - User & Server Management - v3.8.3
300 Level
The Age of Calamitous
IMMERSE RP : Buildings & Placeables Decor
Improved Quality of Life 3.4.6
Savage Steel I +II
Lemurian Architect
Glass Constructions and more…
Northern Timber 2.3.11
Akuba’s Salon
Barbarian Barber [vers. 3.5.3]
Sexy Silent Legion Armor
Unlock Plus (with Pickup) v1.4.10
Fashionist v4.2.3
DyeMoreBetterer
Complete Thrall Fashion v1.2.4
Lexa’s Exiled Lands Improved (Continued by Darc)
WdV_Tattoo_und_Narben
MSCasaDesFlores
Less Building Placement Restrictions - v7.3.11
Immersive Armor (vers. 6.5.0)
Hosav’s Custom UI Mod - 2.3.4
Shadows of Skelos Vol. 2 v1.3.5
Shadows of Skelos - Extended v1.5.4
Emberlight 3.2.9
Dudes_Delightful_Decorations_Deux
Fister’s Thrall Healing Elixir
Dudes Delightful Decorations

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue, many have it.
An other topic got an answer, here is the link :
https://forums.funcom.com/t/decay-mechanic-bugged-6-months-of-building-up-on-pvp-server-gone/184417

I don’t anderstand how a bug this significant isn’t addressed and corrected since one month !

1 Like

/Bump

1. We just have fourth episode about a base loosing stability on our server.
  2. The decay timer is also messed up.
1 Like

Hello,

is this still a thing or ?

1 Like

Have not had it happen recently still have chests on shelves on my server. However I no longer do it on official so I can not tell you what happens there.