Lost building pieces, thralls, and containers from server updating

Game mode: Online private (vanilla server)
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: NA

After server updates (to the current/latest patch) each time, parts of my base are always destroyed/missing. It 100% deals with wedge ceilings and pillars. After the first time it happened I put excessive amounts of pillars down to support the platforms, the second time it was just annoying, but the third time, I’ve lost even more. The named thralls, workstations, the containers and all of their contents all gone. I love this game but its way too frustrating to deal with. Please increase the support of the pillars just in case of situations like this. Thank you.

Note: The server is PvP, but its with friends and there were no attacks on my base. Also, I would upload example screenshots but as a new user, just to report this extremely frustrating bug, I cant upload images.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Have platforms made out of wedge ceilings, with many pillars supporting it
  2. Have the server update to the latest patch
  3. Lose many things depending on how the game doesn’t want to load/misplace building parts
  4. Be very sad over multiple containers, resources, and multiple named thralls lost every time

Just checking … do you snap the pillars onto the lower or upper wedge pieces? (If upper dropping down to lower, they might not be snapping to the lower correctly)
Are the wedge shapes above and below in the same orientation eg :small_red_triangle: Above :small_red_triangle: and not :small_red_triangle_down: above :small_red_triangle:or sideways (sorry limited by shapes available on phone to illustrate my point).

I ask as I once had issues getting a spiral staircase to be stable when I had attached a pillar to the upper level and dropped it into a different shaped foundation piece … though it let me do it and so long as I didn’t log out it was there … but upon relogging the game must have recalculated as it loaded in the staircase and different bits would be missing each time until I figured out the issue.

1 Like

Some pillars were snapped to the square foundations, just to get started, but then the majority of them were put in place afterwords to support the platform. After the first disappearance I put many excess pillars down thinking it was a support problem. I’ll have to go through my base platforms to check for that in the future.

To sum it up though, its square foundations, then pillars, then the wedge platforms creating a separate entity. Thanks and I’ll be sure to check it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.