English is not my first language so please excuse any mistakes.
As of right now on Funcom’s official servers and other community servers there is one popular way of farming the Maelstrom T1/T2 mobs with poison arrows from top of pillars around the middle of the center.
The way the Maelstrom worked from what we have tested is that the longer you
stand in the storm, the more mobs will come and it really picks up after 15 minutes
when it rapidly spawns more and more until 15 more mins has passed (30 mins total).
Also what we found out is that the more people that stack up together in a area the
more mobs will spawn bringing the servers to its knees.
We have tested with 1-3 players and when we did it as 3 the server crashed cause
it simply got too many mobs in one spot. So going no more than 2 is the safe bet
for not crashing.
Each time people do the event the servers end up at 1020 ping and server FPS at 1.
The elder/siege mobs never spawns on our current server, even with building in the maelstrom area before it starts. Yes we have tested with over 100 building blocks and it did not work.
Maelstrom/Leyshrine Suggestions to fixes:
- Limit the number of spawned mobs that comes from the Maelstrom.
- Its fine with x amount of spawns with x amount of players in a area, but scale it down so the numbers will not be overwhelming.
- Instead of having so many T1/T2 mobs replace them with Elder/Siege mob instead.
- Make the Maelstrom mobs immune to poison arrows!
- Make it so its actually a engaging fight that you can bring your thralls to, as
of right now theres 0 reason to bring a thrall or even a melee weapon. Just stay on top of a pillar and shoot poison arrow is not the way it should be!
- With this change to lesser mobs which equals to lesser essences, bring the cost down to 500 instead of 1000 on the Leyshrine for the most powerful surge!
- The converting of ??? in current meta takes 25 minutes to craft 1000 Swirling chaos from Unstable ???. Reduce time to craft please or change the ratio.