Maxed Video Memory and Constant Fatal Errors

Game mode: Online Dedicated Server
Type of issue: Crash/Performance
Server type: PVE
Region: EU

My wife and I are playing on a server with friends. After todays little 40mb update that “fixed” crashes, she is constantly getting crashed and maxed out memory issues to where the game for closes and fatal errors quite a bit when we had hardly any issues just within the last few weeks. This has happened about 5 times in 2 hours to make the game unplayable for her. Please fix the memory leak or whatever is going on . Thanks!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Start game
2.Play 10-20 minutes till crash with fatal error or maxed video memory message
3. Repeat…

You have missed to answer the most important question here, are you using mods because I don’t remember when it was the last time my game crashed. In addition, if it is happening to her only, it is likely that the issue is specific to her system.

2 Likes

Just her system and yes we are using mods, but Ive used the same system before myself before giving it to her with roughly the same mods and we’ve had no issues until this new update. Is it possible its a mod? yes but doesnt seem likely with no one else have any issues.

Most likely it is a mod issue. Just a few weeks ago, both Narelle and I had a heck of a time trying to reproduce a reported bug with one of my mods. Only some people were getting it, while many others were fine. In the end we finally figured out the issue and it was fixed.

So ya, don’t assume that 1 person having an issue means that it isn’t a mod issue. A crash in this case is most likely mod related. If it is a mod thing, you’ll likely see where the crash occurs in the server and/or client logs.

Your second option is just make sure she has verified her local install files with Steam. It’s insanely common for a game to get corrupted files on a Steam update (it is not just a Conan thing).

3 Likes

Yeah we did the validation thing and 3 missing files were gone for a total of 3.5gb. I’ll just have her uninstall them all and reinstall them. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.