Meteors destroy structures in PvE-C

Game mode: [Online official ]
Type of issue: [Misc]
Server type: [PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Pacific]

[Meteors are destroying structures in PvE-C. We choose this kind of server so we can build beautiful structures, it’s hard to do when meteors destroy your work. Some structures just cannot be built anywhere else. ]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build a structure where meteors fall.
  2. Wait for meteors to hit it and destroy it.

PVE means player versus environment, it means that other players cannot destroy your stuff, enviromwntal influence and NPC can and will destroy your stuff, that is totally intended.

Btw when a meteor hits you directly you will die, even on a PVE server.

3 Likes

I believe things like the purge are intended… but something as random as a meteor, which will rule out building in whole swaths of land… do they really not want anyone building in the north? I don’t think that’s their intention.

There is really only a few places that this happens and it where star metal is spost to spawn so maybe you should stop trying to cap spawn nodes and build elsewhere instead

2 Likes

It’s a meteor. Those things killed off the dinosaurs. What makes you think a wooden roof is going to stand up to a direct hit from one?

Just fix the hole and accept that living in a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, golf course or meteorite zone requires a little extra risk and maintenance cost.

2 Likes

I recall standing on the ridge near the Outcast when I saw a meteor shower coming in. That was an awesome sight to behold.
But I also remember hearing one come in and hit very close to the building I had built in that area knowing full well the risk I was taking.
That was terrifying.

My advice:
If you want cake, just make sure it doesn’t have poison in it.

I could care less about the spawn nodes. I built there because it was I put my throne in the sitting giant’s lap. Obviously, it’s a very large, monumental build. Keeping it in repair isn’t even the issue, I’ve easily got the resources to do it. What sucks is losing pets and thralls… one meteor took out a bank of fridges I had holding my pets…at least 30 greater pets gone, to say nothing of the regulars and specialty foods.

You assumed I was after nodes… a logical assumption, now that I think about it. However, I’m here to tell you there are no star metal nodes so to speak… they fall randomly over a huge area of land.

My concern is for players who are not as well established as myself, for whom losing as much as I did would be devastating… prompting them to quit the game. PvE-C is about the builds, not the conflict. The map is too big for anything but arranged combat to be entertaining (I do host gladiator games for that reason). I want to encourage people to build spectacular buildings in spectacular locales. I believe the developers do too, and hence I bring it to their attention.

Still … meteors

You pretty much have to assume that if you build in an area where they are likely to fall, that you are going to have issues if one lands in or around your base.

It’s an added threat to a high level area. This isn’t the only building game with something like that either. I’ve lost more than a couple of good ships in Empyrion to meteors, and stacks of resources as well.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. One you should be aware of, and play with accordingly.

Much safer to build on a river of lava.

this topic needs to be locked and or deleted… this isnt a bug so should not even be posted…
It is part of the game, you build where they fall its your responsibly.

PvE-C (or even PvE even) is still player verses the environment and even players during set times… if they make the meteors not destroy objects they might as well take them all out.

if your not going to move to avoid this mechanic (which is working as its meant to) then deal with it and live with it…

1 Like

Sure! "Let’s build where meteors are known to hit the exiled lands " they said. “It’ll be fun” they said.

no, its more fun to complain about it after they said!

1 Like

:joy::sob::joy:

I have built lot bases in the north. And no one was ever destroyed by meteors.

You may look where the meteors land mostly, and not directly build there.
There is also still a factor called “no luck”, but if you chose a bit wisely, you should be able to avoid that. :wink:

That’s nothing. I once had a meteor strike me strait in the gonads. It took me a week just to dig myself out of the tundra.

1 Like

The first time I went to Cimmerian area the first meteor shower I saw, it was during night time so…imagine the epicness…night became day for a while :sunglasses:

To OP, just avoid building in the northern area, between Cimmerian camp and Frost Palace/Temple, unless you are the server admin, it’s impossible to control the meteorites

I agree. Doesn’t sound like a bug at all.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.