Micro Stuttering Since 2.6 Update

Game mode: Online official, Online private & Single-player
Type of issue: Performance
Server type: PvE
Region: NA
Mods: Issue occurs with or without mods
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

A brief micro stutter happens usually every 5 to 10 seconds when moving around in-game since the 2.6 update.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Walk around in-game.
2. Observe a brief micro stutter happens usually every 5 to 10 seconds when moving around.

I seem to not be alone in this since I’ve found a few other threads reporting it.

Is this issue known by Funcom? Is it being investigated? Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 Likes

Since the last patch my game stuttering more than before but its not every 5 to 10 seconds

Thanks for the reply. I have a Nvidia 1070. Unfortunately your suggestions didn’t produce any results for me. I don’t really know how severe the stuttering was for you, perhaps they made yours a lot better. For me it’s just a minor annoyance. I just hate little graphical hiccups like this.

Unfortunately I’ve grown rather bored of CE lately and my time in the game is likely at an end, at least for like a year or two. So I’ll probably just leave it as it is and hope it’s been resolved whenever I decide to play again in the future.

Yeah I’ve tried both. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Thanks though.

It’s possible it’s a driver issue. I haven’t done any driver updates recently. Last one I did do was way before the 2.6 update.

I thought this was normal even on PC, happened on xbox too since the beginning and just accepted it. For what servers run on its the tick rate that really effects how good or bad it is from what I have tested. I have been on a PC server that had payed a fortune to do their own engine tweaks for conan so this issue is almost not present at all on their servers with an incredibly high tick rate, but they wont share how they did whatever they did.

Highest conan is suppose to go is 60 at max, its default is 30, with the tweaks they had it up to 82. With the hardware I have for my virtual machine I built to run a dedicated server I managed to raise mine to 52 currently at the most with my specs. Only raise the tick rate if you have a higher end setup and make sure to raise the priority along with it.

If you do decide to change it, test it out before a clean save because raising it can cause conan to do some very bizarre things, in my case going too high caused my server save to become corrupt, testing in game was mirrored the effects of when you scratch an old console game disk, thats when you know its a bit too high.

If you have the dedicated server launcher it will give a close signal to whats too high for your specs but for me it was a couple numbers too high so it wasn’t completely accurate but stays in a safe range. If you don’t have a dedicated server, don’t bother changing it at all unless you have a high end cloud service to run your server which isn’t worth the money at all compared to just building or buying a dedicated one.

Yeah stay in the green, if weird things happen on the server just test it by going down numbers. I started at 60 green but my server runs without issue at 52 after testing it.

If you don’t get the bad end it usually causes the games physics to go out of whack, thralls and NPC’s start flying, teleporting to players, stabilized structures randomly entirely just lose stability. This is my servers hardware [(Processor): Intel Core I7-10700k Turbo 4.30GHz (RAM):Corsair-Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32.768GB (SSD):Samsung PRO 466GB], at 60 animals start gliding across the sky and humanoids are able to hit players from really far away on mine. You probably have better hardware than I do, I saw a server in an advertisement tab running at 64 without issues but that was on a razorback machine which is really high end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.