Missing elevator that we use every day. Why are so many items disppearing today funcom?

Game mode: [Online |
Problem: Bug
Region: NA East

[Free text]
Funcom what the hell is going on?? Ao far aince logging in today we are missing a trebuchet, elevator, foundation pieces, and a whell of pain from northern outpost. What in the HELL is goin on here?!?! Server 3534

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

I’m also missing several things since patch 1.16

I think I’ve found at least a possible cause of the newly missing items. I think it’s related to the Devs fix for pillar spammers.

Exploits Thralls Decay Updates

(This section)

NEW SERVER SETTINGS

OverrideDecayMaxBuildingPieces = X, where X is number of pieces (default 6)
OverrideDecayTime = N, default value 3600.
The amount of seconds it will take this building to decay into abandoned state, and it will then stay in abandoned state for 10% of this time

ADDITIONAL DECAY SYSTEM EXPLANATION FOR ADMINS

We’ve added a couple of new server settings that allow server admins to configure the decay system so that it considers buildings of a certain size to be insignificant and should therefore decay a lot faster than regular buildings. As long as there is no placeable involved.

The server settings are:

OverrideDecayMaxBuildingPieces, default value 6.
This means a building with 6 or less pieces will get its normal decay time overriden by the time specified in the following server setting
OverrideDecayTime, default value 3600.
The amount of seconds it will take this building to decay into abandoned state, and it will then stay in abandoned state for 10% of this time.

With the example of the default values, any building with 6 or less pieces will go into abandoned state after 1 hour. And then completely decay and be destroyed after 10 minutes in abandoned.
(Anyone can demolish an Abandoned building by interacting with it)

It will not get this overriden decay time if there is a placeable, like a bedroll or a campfire, near the building. And it will instead work like before. This is a quick thing we added to combat the “mine-fields” of pillars/foundations placed around the world to claim land. But we’re looking into better approaches.

1 Like

The thing I don’t understand is the patch notes claim if a placeable object is involved the decay timer will act normally but I’m missing foundation blocks that had placeable’s on top of them. I had 2 foundation blocks with beehives on them now the blocks and hives are gone, they had been there for a couple weeks without incident.

Edit Update
This might be no consolation for some folks, but I checked around the base of a clan that has been using Pillar spam to claim a large amount of land on my server. All of their pillars are now gone. So it looks like the spam fix is doing what it was intended to do. Hopefully it’s not responsible for other missing objects, that were placed more legitimately.