Mods will never work on dedicated server - terminal mod load loop

Had some issues before, but now this is just impossible. Yes, I know adding new bazaar items is more important than a working game and fixing bug, but it means I’m just going to shut down my dedicated server.

Issue?

Your mods do not match the mods on the server
Wipe all mod files on server and validate files
wipe all mod files on client and unsub

Connect to server
Your mods do not match the mods on the server
connect
your mods to not match the mods on the server
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect

Every player, every day. I do hours of work, get it working for a few hours. Then suddenly…

connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect
connect

Pretty much sums up the state of this game.

Odd.
Have you tried deleting all the mod files on the server and reinstalling. And then doing same on your machine - or running a ‘File Verification’?

As above, yes

I tried so many times that I wrote a script that deletes these files on server restart
“E:\Conan Exiles\Exiled Lands\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Mods\modlist.txt”,
“E:\Conan Exiles\Exiled Lands\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\appworkshop_440900.acf”,
“E:\Conan Exiles\Exiled Lands\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900”,
“E:\Conan Exiles\Exiled Lands\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Saved\ModControllerCache.json”

I deleted servermodlist, modlist, mod folder, unsubscribed mods and reordered them so many times I got tired of seeing them.

The only thing that eventually worked was manually copying my mod files over from my machine to the server and then attempting to connect 3 times. Eventually I made it through.

The original server that I had been running since 2019 had the issue so bad that we decided to spin up a totally fresh server and restart - only to have the EXACT same thing happen almost immediately.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.