More Merchants Please

Myself also Oduda. However I doubt we would see it before the Settlement System update.

Thanks for the support and for weighing in Kearsan. I think a whole heap of us are clamouring for a fully functional economy system in game. I think that Flotsam has evolved nicely in terms of another trading settlement. It would be nice to see some more Merchants at New Asgaard too.

Yes me too. Considering that all Exiles are bound to the Exiled Lands, it is a very fixed area for settlement, and that of course means trading opportunities. Even more so with life in the Exiled Lands being so tough. That means plenty of people in need of supplies. Furthermore, I suspect that outside merchants such as caravan traders should have no troubles literally walking straight through the Cursed Wall. After all it is the Bracelet which makes it lethal, and if a travelling merchant is not wearing one…you would think they would be fine.

3 Likes

@Croms_Faithful another wonderful idea i wish more of your ideas would be brought to the game. we really do need more use for gold and silver. maybe even a second non-hostile city to where we can buy better items then sepumeru or hidden merchants with again better gear. i’d even go for one that sold a random legendary

1 Like

No problem Crix! Its always good to see newer members in our community.

I loved buying and selling in open world games such as Skyrim and Witcher 3. Im really holding out hope that such a system will someday come to Conan Exiles too.

Oh goodness do I know what you mean. :yum: Take skyrim for example. I had hundreds of thousands of dollars, dozens of gold and silver rings, necklaces and circlets, and hundreds of flawless jewels. But I just couldnt stop hoarding them, as you said its very adfictive!

Sounds ideal to me! Bring it on. Ohand Im also obsessed with finding and collecting unique items too. :innocent:

2 Likes

Thankyou Monkey325, for the kind words. In addition to this one and the current ‘Fruit Trees’ one, I have at least 4-5 solid ideas which I have been sitting on for a while now, but I will release :soon: as a group.

Im glad that you agree regarding the in-game uses for gold and silver. At this point they just feel a bit more like another crafting component than an actual form of in-game currency. And I like the idea of a Legendary Item Merchant too. Although if it were to happen, I image they would be pricey. I would also like it if we had some Bronze or Copper jewellery and/or Coins too (detailed in the next post).

1 Like

BRONZE/COPPER COINS & JEWELLERY

I am wondering if anyone else would like to see our current Coin and Jewellery options expanded upon to include Copper or Bronze. Not all players would know this, but we already have Bronze Coins in the Admin Panel, however at this stage they are non-functional and only for roleplaying purposes. Similarly, certain mods also have Bronze Coins, and perhaps Jewellery (not sure regarding the jewellery). Its a chance for more treasure. So a supplementary question for any others who are interested:

Q: Would you like to see Bronze or Copper Coins and/or Jewellery items become full vanilla game currency and items?

2 Likes

I’d certainly be in favor of copper, as that coin factored heavily in the original stories. Many were the nights when the worlds most famous barbarian was left with scant more than a handful of those coins after carousing away whatever riches he wrested from his adventures! Quite genre appropriate, and I’d argue far more so than gold. All 3 (gold, silver and copper) would be perfect.

I’d be fine with bronze also. I think a few fantasy/swords n’ sorcery stories or games featured them as ‘the poor mans copper’ and i see them as a fine fit. Admittedly I’m less enthusiastic about bronze as a coin than copper, but certainly wouldn’t be unhappy at their inclusion.

But bronze as a jewelry would be a perfect fit… every low class doxie would likely be so adorned!

I have to tell you all, I think every idea in this thread is utterly awesome.

Makes me want to figure out the Pippi mod even more to set some of this stuff up for my solo games :joy:

1 Like

This all sounds like a great idea, I mean, most survival games don’t have in-game economies, but the ones that do (like 7 Days to Die and Minecraft) make it so it fits, and I can see these ideas fitting in with the lore.

I would be for bronze being implemented as well, especially as currency if a fleshed out economy like this is added, as just gold and silver seems very odd, but bronze wouldn’t have many practical applications, it’d be mostly ornamental.

The only thing I would want to keep unchanged is to keep the coins as physical items, implementing a sort of currency system, like just displaying them on a dedicated screen would be detrimental, as it would remove one way of obtaining currency, smelting, as well as a way of obtaining Gold/Silver Dust.

1 Like

Thanks Croms_Faithful, great ideas :ok_hand: I hope some of these things happen!

1 Like

Yes! Just YES!

:metal::smiling_imp:

1 Like

@Croms_Faithful i would love to see the copper coins get a use. And as far as bronze go it isn’t unthinkable to have bronze statues, jewelry, or even more decorative doors or other building pieces made with it.

2 Likes

That sounds good to me Timmercado. I feel I should have been a bit clearer, in that I dont feel we need to have both Copper AND Bronze coin; just one or the other would suffice. Iessentially would just like to see one of the two transformed into a third denomination currency wise. Copper would probably be my preference too, as it is just a nicer metal. And hazzah to to copper jewellery too!

Oh dont worry CrystalGoddess, I would want them to remain physical items too. Largely as you said, so that they could be ground down for dust. I know when collecting gold and silver, I dont just collect stacks of coins, but also stacks of bars, stones and dust. Because…more treasure, heheh! Although for the record, I would like to see the stack size for coins increased to 1000.

1 Like

Agree on the coins Monkey. And regarding Bronze decorations/jewellery. I have always felt that we should have a small handful of harvestable Bronze or Copper nodes, which we can make bars or coins out of for crafting. A bit like Dagons Descent for example; just a small number of harvestable nodes.

1 Like

Been keeping my eye on this thread, the idea’s are realistic enough to warrent exitement for when they’re implemented soon :wink:

I think bronze is rather rare to occur naturally, it’s mostly made from Tin and Copper. Presuming Funcom don’t want to make new ores and map changes, it may open interesting trade where both are only available from traders. Tin from Pirates (they thought it was silver!) and Copper from Treasure Hunters?
You could be the one to bring them together into bronze, offering both parties a trading point. Some nice Greek Bronze-age swords please! If they made bronze a non-smeltable currency as somewhat suggested (i.e. seperate from the inventory) it wouldn’t demonitize the currency much.

Exited about all these ideas haha, good stuff all round. :+1:

1 Like

Well thankyou PRADA, we can certainly always hope. That is the beauty of it, it is not only believeable, but a logical continuation of what already exists within the game. It would also make for a sound first step towards the games coming Settlement System update, and one thing I have always yearned for in Conan Exiles (well the second of two things); a fully functional economy. And even if not, it would still provide more freedom and interactions to the gameplay experience.

Yeah Copper would probably be the better option for another coin denomination, especially as @Timmercado1975 pointed out recently that Copper coins are actually used in Robert Howards stories.

I always liked the idea of some means to obtain Bronze weapons. It feels like we get to Iron so fast. You know just for fun, an early idea I had was that the headresses worn by The Sentinels (the statues) could be made of ‘harvestable’ bronze…

2 Likes

As I sometimes do, and did with my Fruit Trees thread, one little bump before I let this one rest.

You know I actually realised sonething just recently. The Butcher or Baker Merchant could actually offer a much needed use for those empty livestock yards in the Marketplace district near the other Merchants.

What a good place for some captive Goats or Deer.

2 Likes

Yes for captives goats. They could produce milk so you can make cheese. And goat cheeses are the best cheeses on earth !:heart_eyes: :drooling_face:
Only followed by blue cheeses but they’re made with sheep milk (well the good ones at least) and there isn’t sheep in the game, only goat.:sob:

I though I had replied to this one but apparently not. :sweat_smile:

I agree with all of these suggestions, we really should see more merchant and in different cities as well, not only Sepermeru, but oh well, one can dream about that.

Additions to that list:
-Herbalist: sells herbs used for dyes and flowers/unique planters
-Potter: we need moar pottery and jars in this game. Can possibly sell explosives too?
-Fisherman: It’s only fair, right? sells more rarer fish
-Pelter: sells animal skins and hides
-Candlemaker: - give me a good reason why not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: candles and mayve torches and other light source items?

3 Likes

Awesome!! Mavelle I love these, some solid additions indeed. There are a few ‘fisherman’ down near the Tavern in Sepermeru, but Flotsam would be a good candidate too, being right on the coast. And as far as the Pelter goes, we already have Merchants selling Bear and Elephant hides, so why not some others I say.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.