Cities and Currency

So we are getting a city life and currency added to the game, i think those are great additions especialy the Cities.

Cities will bring much life to the game, players can make their houses near a city making something like a neighbourhood, adding more life to a city. Imagine if you can use an Inn or a Tavern, your characters can sleep in the cities where other players are, maybe even granting a defense mechanism against thieving characters, for a certain duration during your stay.

Currency is great but it kinda worries me that we can be coinforgers, maybe coins forgery can be a high-tier or end game feature.

What do you guys think of these additions ?

4 Likes

I think it is great that we will get coin currency in the game. It will make the conan world more active and now you can buy and trade thralls for coins!

3 Likes

cool now we can raid someone’s hard earned money yay :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh indeed, i just imagine entering someone’s vault and looting all of the gold, going all thief like Conan.

3 Likes

They streamed the Relic hunter city, so i guess all of the cities that are currently in the game will have this system.

2 Likes

They just showed Sepermeru and Joel added the fact that it is done Lore-Wise and purposefully with added Lore NPC (like maybe the owners of the journals you find on the map ?).

I hope some cities will still be "not user friendly) ^^’.

3 Likes

My first thought lol. I do like the idea of having new ways of getting thralls.

2 Likes

This was a happy surprise, will there be market stalls/booths for us to display our wares and maybe set a thrall as merchant to sell our goods when we are offline?

4 Likes

Love it. If inn/room renting is available in neutral city it will offer a extra option for players. I also wonder how close will we be able to build around the city.

That’s a really good question, they haven’t mentioned that we can put items and thralls for Auction, but now since you have mentioned it, i like the idea.

2 Likes

Probably not to far off, i just had an idea imagine if we can conquer a city and get % of tax revenue from the merchants, we can all go Clan wars for cities.

2 Likes

Or if we can buy/conquer/loot/unlock deeds to properties in the city outskirt . Might created a lawless slum but that not necessary a bad thing. lol

1 Like

This sounds like a good idea to me, if we reach a certain city if it is friendly to a player, maybe we can do some quests and help out the city with it’s troubles, if we have enough resources be it building materials or money, we can talk to the city leader and buy either a land or a house. The city leader can be a raid boss where players can fight him for dominance over the city, of course we gotta pass trough his bodyguards or fight his personal army.

Lots of ideas can be made around the upcoming city-system, i am glad they have shown it on the stream even if it’s the very first foundations, i really like where this is going, the hype is real.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they add this same city system to some of the other big thrall camps. It would be awesome to be able to walk into the Pirate Ship and the Nordheimer village without them attacking.

2 Likes

This sounds like a good idea but it could be a special racial feature or depending on the deity you have chosen. For example if you chose Yog and you are a Darfari you can talk with the Darfari, same for the Nordheimers and Ymir worshipers. Maybe in the future we can see a reputation system for each individual culture, city or camp.

2 Likes

I think, like most new stuff, the currency can go both ways. As long as people don’t figure out a way to exploit it, it’ll really benefit solo players, and low-pop clans. I, also, thing the Neutral city will give players a great place to trade.

2 Likes

trading between players will be cool, selling services thralls etc resources

2 Likes

Yeah. I like the idea of cities that have religion, race, or some sort of reputation system attached to it. One might have to stay in the good graces of near by cities to enter without being attacked, and to use the stations and things within it.

1 Like

Well basically they talked about the city-life system and they showed some changes to the Relic Hunter city, also it was a neutral town now, Jens and Joel walked around a bit and showed some buildings.

2 Likes

Coins could be a great way to give the purge some direction. Make them target bases with chests full of gold! That way, if players stockpile, they’re just more likely to have their hoards taken away from them.

5 Likes