My game was ruined!

the server is the official 2975 PVE. According to event logs, buildings lost stability, the same message as when they decay. I was off the server for approximately 12 hours.

It would be helpful if you could send a screenshot of the log. Additionally, if you have a screenshot of your building showing its location and how the foundations were structured, it could also help us understand what might have happened.

it would be great if I came back and everything was in place again, but I don’t have so much faith that it will work out like that. In fact, from my experience with funcom, they’ll probably ignore it and I’ll be left with nothing.

base images I don’t think I will have.

by coincidence or not, there were two bases near mine that fell too.

No, in fact it’s a 100% guaranteed fact that no matter what you do, or what was the cause of it, those items are lost forever. So if you were hoping for that, I am going to have to disappoint you.

However, Narelle might be correct and you might have been admin-wiped, which shows up in the logs as “lost stability” also and leaves quite a sight of destruction with some of your thralls and placeables floating mid-air not long after the wipe.

You might not be aware of a reason. And even if you played for years on a server, it could entirely be possible that your building was in violation of the guidelines, it’s just that they don’t actively monitor them and only take action if somebody reports you.

Check out this thread to see if anything might be familiar… keep in mind, these are extreme examples, but slightly subtler versions also equally qualify for a wipe.

Things like building walls that have an empty area inside, or a bridge etc. Or just having a building occupying more real-estate than what you would normally need for general minimalistic play. (RP towns are a good example… if your blacksmith thrall had its own house or you had empty decorative buildings etc. no matter how good they look they would’ve been just cause for admin action)

That is also in line with an admin wipe as generally people who report bases do so in clusters if the buildings nearby were equally oversized.

It’s not the same message. When there’s decay, there’s a message saying that such-and-such piece decayed. The stability loss messages come from the pieces that were receiving stability from the pieces that decayed, but if it was a decay bug, then there must be a log message about it.

If there isn’t a log message about decay, then it wasn’t decay.

And before you double down on this, I’m speaking from personal experience: I’ve actually had parts of my base decay due to a bug, and there was always a message about the pieces that decayed.

If in fact it was an administrative punishment, they could at least inform us about it, including clarifying the reason or even giving us a deadline to regularize it. If it really was a punishment, it’s regrettable, because we hadn’t closed anyone’s passage, there are much bigger bases than ours and nobody takes action.

They don’t do that. It’s in the rules:

Whether we like it or not is a whole 'nother thing.

That’s for two reasons:

1. The rules are not about the size of the base per se. You can have a bigger base without breaking the rules.
  2. The servers are not moderated proactively. Funcom admins only investigate if there’s a report.

but they should at least be notified why, as I could run into the same problem there without even knowing it. for example, as far as I’ve seen, I haven’t broken any of these rules.

1 Like

Yep. There should be a way to get an explanation from Funcom, precisely for the reason you described. A bunch of us have been saying that on these forums for a while now. Who knows, maybe they’ll eventually listen and do something about it. :confused:

3 Likes

You say you were recreating character where you’re clan members in at the time?

yes, when I recreated the character, I returned to the clan. From what the staff said, the adms must have deleted my base. It really put me off, years of play thrown away. I’m trying to start over, but very unmotivated.

I just saw that I was suspended from the game, does anyone know how long this lasts?

you were right… we were suspended from the server. Do you know how long this type of punishment usually lasts?

1 Like

Doesn’t the message say? It is from 2 weeks to permanently depending on the violation. You can submit a ticket and ask for more information via ZenDesk: https://funcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

the only message that appeared, was one that said “access denied” “failed to get suspension information”

Greetings @BRMx_Murdok ,

Please, contact our support team trough Zendesk so they can assist you.

Meanwhile we’ll be closing this post. Thank you!