Named armorers become are useless?!

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

What happened with the named armorers? Previously, they did a lot of improved things, and now only default ones.

All:

Mikey’s workaround (shared in another thread) works to allow specialty recipe crafting.

There was definitely something that changed/affected the inventory and bench UI in the last patch. I have found, too, that you cannot type the name or partial name to sift the inventory.

I will post screenshots later, if I remember. To work around this issue, as Mikey describes:

• Open crafting bench with specialty artisan thrall already placed.
  • Dismay when seeing no exceptional/flawless recipes at the top.
  • Click/drag the thrall out of the thrall box, and drop the thrall into an open square in the bench itself.
  • Then, click/drag the same thrall back into the thrall box at the upper left. When you do, you will see a single row of specialty recipes show up on the top - above the normal recipes.

Here is the tricky part:

• If you mouse over that single row of specialty recipes, and roll your mouse wheel, you will see that all of the recipes are actually there - they are just obscured on a separate “scroll row.” I don’t really know how to better describe this without pictures. There is real estate for only one row of recipes. But if you mouse over, and mouse wheel roll, you will see the additional rows of recipes concealed within the one row UI view.

• An alternative to careful mouse work and scrolling - once you see the one row of specialty recipes, you can click up at the top and type in “flawless” or “khitan” or whatever to have the screen redraw according to your search keyword. After doing this, you will better be able to see the recipes that are available as you are not limited to just the one viewable row as you were before performing the search.

If you are using a controller, or on a PS4 or whatever, you might be hosed. shrug

I will update this post later (when I can) with some screenshots to support the workaround steps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.