Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Other
Game Mode: Single Player
Server Type: PvP
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: None
Mods: None

Bug Description:

After the Cinematic finishes playing there is a never ending black screen.

Bug Reproduction:

Launch the game by clicking “Launch” on the funcom launcher

ConanSandbox.log (58.0 KB)

2 Likes

I know in the log it shows some mods that I have downloaded. However, I don’t have them selected or activated on my launcher.

1 Like

Have to confirm- same issue

1 Like

As bad as this sounds, I’m glad it’s not just me!

Believe me, we are not the only ones. The Discord forums are already burning and more and more people will suffer from this - I just try to install the game again because of this. After that I will take a break - again - till Funcom will Hotfix this. It’s the second time I am forced to install the game again after 3.0 - this is not acceptable

1 Like

Oh yeah, I was trying to login to dev my new server and it pretty much to a fat dump while loading.

Greetings Exiles,

Thank you for your reports. Can you please share with us if you have any mods installed?

We await your reply.

@DapperPaperBag wrote that he started the game without mods. He downloaded some mods from the workshop but they were not active.
I for myself have a modlist with only mods which are updated for 3.0. I can’t send you any logs because I had to delete the game to install it again because nothing helped: Steam and Client newstart, gamefile validation, deabonating and abonating mods again, deleting modlist or deleting the content of this new cache file. I tried it several times for about 4 hours.
I didn’t tried out the new installation by now. I want to wait for your Hotfix today.

2 Likes

Hey,

Thank you for the information. Please let us know if the issue still persists after a later hotfix or patch.

We appreciate your support.

Hey @DapperPaperBag,

Our team was looking into your log file and suggested some steps:

Can you please try to delete the “modlist.txt” from your game files? You can find it by following:

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

Also, can you tell us what happens if you try to press Esc/escape when the cutscene appears or finishes?

We await your reply.

The information you filled out should now be listed below. :point_down:
Please copy this info and paste it into a new report. Thank you!

Basic Info:

Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE-Conflict
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: =SERVER NAME=
Mods: =MODS=

Bug Description:

After the hotfix of today, the game simply does not start, it goes until the entry video and then its just a black screen, in task manager the game status is not responding, was working fine before the patch

Bug Reproduction:

lunch game, passes first video, black screen

2 Likes

Follow these instructions and should resolve the issue.

The server would have to be offline when you remove those files.

tried that already, same thing, when see the log files the game pak files are not loading, simply was fine before the patch, after the patch its just a black screen after the first video, all mod files, server mod files and those deleted, files verified and still the same error.

I am not sure then. It worked for all 4 of my servers (2 different mod lists). Note, the servers already had and I had the latest version of the mods. Only other thing I can think of. It was a 3 hour struggle which gratefully someone else figured out.

i understand, last night all was fine, the patch was my morning or afternoon and after the patch i was not able to lunch the game, cant even enter single player, simple after load the first video it crashes, gets black screen but in tast manager is dead. i check the game log and mention something about error in back end or silent process and the gam pak file dont load, it shows only maybe 4 game files loaded, how ever does not show any issue with mods

I am not sure then. I wish you luck.

I have to confirm - I have exact the same issue
Can’t join the game anymore - after the intro black loading screen.

Same with me. Don’t run severs, just in play single player. Doesn’t load after intro movie, just black screen, unless no mods are loaded. I’ve spent all day trouble shooting, trying every fix I could find in the forums, and as long as mods are loaded, game won’t load, but if even one mod loaded, won’t load. Without mods will load. So from what I can gather, it very much does have something to do with that mod cache feature. Found a couple work arounds posted, including the one above, but unfortunately nothing has yet work for me to get it to load with mods. Let’s hope this one gets fixed quickly.

1 Like

Greetings Exiles,

We merged the threads about this issue to keep all the information in one place.

@Vathelos, our team suggested some steps:

Can you please try to delete the “modlist.txt” from your game files? You can find it by following:

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

Also, can you tell us what happens if you try to press Esc/escape when the cutscene appears or finishes?

We await your reply.

Same issue have tried every fix. This is so stupid.