So I’ll try to be very specific here what I want to do, not some vague “plz help how make modss”.
My interest in modding came from seeing some of the best and most popular ones on the Steam Workshop being abandonded, mods that I would have liked to use. So, I felt perhaps I could take a shot making some simple ones and contribute to the workshop.
My question is, how hard would it be to do the following example:
Basic weapons or decoration set:
- A handful of swords, shields etc that are learned with new feats, and crafted at existing tables, using existing mats, using existing animation systems (Heck, I’d even be happy starting with some re-colors for the learning)
- A few decorative placeables (kitchenware, rugs, paintings, chairs etc) that again, are learned in their own feat and use all in-game mats.
Important thing to specify:
- I don’t want to do anything that involves scripting, animation, etc!
- Integrate with base game, not tying into major Roleplay mods
- Aka, so basic that it’d fit right into vanilla craft system that you wouldn’t know it’s a mod otherwise
What would be involved here? Is there a Conan editor available? Do I need Unreal Engine to make the base models? If I were to make a bunch of items in a 3D software and Unreal, how hard is the process from there of actually “making it into an item in the game that can be crafted?” I do have some experience in 3DS Max.
Any advice here would help a lot. Again, I’m intentionally trying to start as BASIC as possible, literally stupid-basic.