New, a couple questions

greetings…

so yes, i did do some researched, asked around, neenja’s some twitch streams… guides, youtube, etc…
hard to get a straight answer… that being said… got the game, i am enjoying it… its an adult version of minecraft-esq-ness… have mods installed, DLC’s, have pages bookmarked…

weapons… i noticed that… for example… my steel daggers do more damage than the daggers from the “jewel of the west pack” DLC… why… why are they not the same and/or have versions equivalent to the steel… i know they came out after the base game…
why, for example are there no ways to boost up the Dafari axe… terrible choice, but yea…

i understand the game isnt about style (on a personal level), but more survival… but if i found a nice looking Yoshindo Yoshihara sword, i would do my best to make it strong enough, so i wouldnt resort to Walmart brand swords…

thank you for staying with this post that long…

1 Like

Hi Apothica and welcome to the community! Very well lets see if we can tackle a few of those questions shall we.

DLC weapons, as with most weapons and armor are purely cosmetic reskins of existing tiers of weapons so that the game does not become pay to win. DLC weapons generally only come in 2 tiers of strength, that being Iron equivalent for lower level players, then Star Metal equivalent for higher level players. I would wager that your current set of daggers from the Jewel of the West pack are the Iron equivalents, especially if you are a newer player. Because Steel, then Hardened Steel are higher tiers than Iron, they will surpass your current daggers. The good news is that when you hit level 60 you will be able to build the Star Metal versions of your daggers, which will have a much more respectable damege output than your current ones.

Depending on who you ask, the ‘problem’ with Dafari weapons is that they are unlocked at the same level as Iron ones. And because Iron weapons are stronger than Dafari ones, they are already reduntant straight off the bat. That said, if you like the appearance of them, you can increase their damage a little using a Weapon Damage Kit, unlocked in the Apprentice Weaponsmith feat on the weapons page. They come in 3 tiers: Simple, Normal, Advanced and Master, and are crafted a the Tinkerer’s Bench. However, being such a low level weapon, these will only get them so far. Although you can still use them to clear out lower level areas such as Sinners Refuge and The Summoning Place.

I am not 100% certain what type of sword you are referring to here, but my guess is that it is one of the Katanas. Apothica the same principles apply here as they did with your daggers. You can create a more powerful version of your sword out of Star Metal when you reach a higher level, and deck them out with a variety of weapon enhancement kits.

I know that you are very fond of the designs of some of your current weapons, but I offer you some advice. If you like the design of some of your DLC daggers and swords, then you are going to LOVE the appearance of some of the Legendary Weapons tier ones which you can obtain at level 60. :wink: If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask, I am here to help.

2 Likes

If you’re playing on PC, there’s a mod called Fashionista. It allows you some significant leeway in the look of your character’s dress & armaments. For example, a steel mace will far outdamage a Darfari club…but if you really like the look of the Darfari club, Fashionista can let your steel mace look like that POS Darfari club, while still maintaining the superior damage output of the steel mace that it actually is.

2 Likes

thank you both for the wonderful information…
especially on the DLC information… i am just grateful the devs let players mod the game, so that these personal preferences can be added…
and as for the mod, this is good news (not sure i missed that mod!)… i have always been a “tribal” player i guess… (Forsworn = Skyrim, Nightsisters = SWG, Disciples = Fallout 4, etc)
after the post i jumped back ingame and did some more leveling and saw how the chain of crafting works… (i did the search icon, that showed all the skills… the looked at the bottom for the one i wanted to “master” in. and went from there up/down the tree)
thank you all again and be safe out there in the real world…

2 Likes

D’oh. My bad. Thanks for the correction!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.