New building parts,themes and RP stuff

I would really like to see new building parts. I am not just saying as in new theme,texture or resource. I am saying like new foundation shapes or archways. Building structure parts that can alter architecture and shapes of buildings. Here is a couple lists of some of my suggestions for parts and themes with some bonus suggestions.

Parts
⦁ half walls vertical - walls cut in half from the center vertically
⦁ half walls horizontal - walls cut in half from the center horizontally
⦁ half foundations - foundations cut in half from the center
⦁ diagonal half foundations - foundations cut in half from the center diagonally (isosceles triangle right/left wedge)
⦁ half ceiling - ceilings cut in half from the center
⦁ half ceiling diagonal - ceilings cut in half from the center diagonally (isosceles triangle left/right)
⦁ archways with and without gates and doors
⦁ fortress walls - large walls that match the large gates

Themes and Materials
⦁ primitive - thatch,bamboo and wood type
⦁ rustic - log/wood type
⦁ industrial metallic - iron and steel type
⦁ royal metallic - gold and silver type
⦁ prison/dungeon/barred theme

Extra structures & RP stuff
⦁ working gallows,execution block and guillotine
⦁ working torture stocks,crucifixtion cross and dungeon wall shackles
⦁ sacroficial pit of fire - for PVE thrall culling
⦁ butcher block/table - for animal/pet culling
⦁ working dancer cages,podiums and poles with structure speciffic new dance animations
⦁ animal farm pens for certain animals that give resources (ostrich for example can give eggs or feathers)

4 Likes

Iron and Steel aren’t likely. You’d need huge metal foundries to pump out the necessary materials to build an entire structure out of this. Not exactly fitting to a setting that is supposed to have taken place thousands of years ago.

Thatch would be a nice addition as a low tier building option, mixed with Bamboo.

The wood is already present, and I don’t see it likely for us to get more low-tier stuff anyways.

Gold and silver walls are also pretty far-fetched. Remember this isn’t a peak civilization place like China or ancient Rome. This is a barbaric landscape. And silver is already supposed to be extremely rare in the Exiled Lands, because there is only the one small silver mine down at the Jawbone. Hardly enough to push out silver houses and buildings.

As far as the building blocks, this is a big issue, I believe. The geometry stuff is off and hard to work with on how to line up all the different pieces so things function well

They already have the animal pens that give you dung, and a chance at other items. The main way to get eggs or feathers is to raid nests and kill ostriches.

The other stuff, doesn’t seem to fit the time period.

Gallows and Guillotine – Too much effort. They’d just stick a blade in you or decapitate you with their weapon.

The Wall shackles just feel like they’d increase lag on the server, because everyone would want to dangle a thrall or two up, and what’s the point of just having an NPC taking up server resources to use as a wall decoration? This would probably be better served as a static placeable with a skeleton dangling from the shackles, rather than a living NPC.

Same is true for the stocks or cross. Static would use less resources overall and be better tailored to decoration. And it’s already been established that you would not be allowed to stick player characters into things like this.

1. Some stuff is already out of place so why would industrial buildings be? Steel itself is a huge deal in the world of Conan lore so steel fortresses and buildings would not be far fetched in a fantasy driven way. Aside from anything,RP driven stuff does sometimes seem like its out of place but thats the point.

2. Thatch is actually my least favorite option but starting out I wish I had it because it would be less materials to lay out a structure blueprint to replace later.

3. While wood is present,its not rustic like in log form. Clearly it would be more for appearance. More options for looks is what this is. Again RP driven options bring in aspects not needed for the rest of the game only RP. The Devs are always adding in RP stuff.

4. Gold and silver building parts are not far fetched. Clearly you do not follow lore of the universe to know many things along with buildings included were at least etched in gold or silver. More detailed in the books I think but still. The idea of not enough silver is not a valid argument in a video game that has resources respawn.

5. Building blocks an issue? The current wedge does not work in the same exact sense you speak of but all the options I have mentioned actually would line up because the isosceles right/left triangle corner is 90 degrees. This is the same reason I did not list circular parts,they would just not work with all parts. So yeah,argument here is not really valid either because the wedge already does not line up.

6. In this I can agree with you a bit that animal pens could fill this niche with a simple adjustment but for RP some farm pens would look nice and would be a luxury to have. It would save time running across the map to get to whatever is being farmed.

7. Other stuff,everything has a place in the universe of Conan that I listed…again some of it seems to not fit in because of it being in RP nature and is not really depicted in this game much. Some of this would actually make nice addition to Sep City,a setting where executions take place would be cool.

8. While it seems half of the races would just rather use a weapon,its something that the game does not portray correctly from the universe as a whole. Yes,to a large degree barbarians did just that (take up arms) but not all of the people in the Conan universe are barbarians.

9. Wall shackles would have no more of an impact than just having dancer thralls dancing around. It could be a neat way to use leftover thralls or again for RP. Something tells me you do not like the RP aspects of the game lol. I would actually like your idea too not only have the interactive shackles but also the static placed skeleton ones would be great along with it to set the mood.

10. Again same answer applies as previous. And the allowance of players or NPCs is very possible unless you mean the Devs mentioned they won’t do it. In this case I would like to see the link to that statement. I have dabbled with Unreal to know enough that its very possible. The one thing that it does have issues with is balance because the game is very PVP driven but that is easily fixed with player death and respawn. The player could simply starve out or whatever and respawn out of the devices. So yeah,very RP driven stuff that would only seem usefull to RP players.

1 Like

Look for Scoopers response in this old old forum post … for me it’s pretty clear the developers discussed similar suggestions re: players being restrained by other players and dismissed them as being made a core game feature.

With regards to new building piece shapes … again I think unlikely based on an old old post by a community manager (I think it was Tascha in a discussion on the half square triangle block that’s been asked for many times.)
See Taschas response in this old forum post:

Hello :thinking:
Since I was so unscrupulously disturbed (joke), I will leave my opinion on this matter.
As I wrote in my topic, there is no problem to add a few building blocks to smooth the foundation. Each DLS adds a lot of texture units (based on existing ones), but this is also a lot of time.
The stability system, about which mystical things were trying to tell me, is also changing and finishing. If you can’t do this, you are a bad programmer.
As I said, people are ready to buy these additional units, so no one talks about volunteering.

All conversations and topics about the introduction of new building blocks (forms, not textures) boil down to the same thing. Very smart гребаые-дяди-задроты come to life, who everyone knows and says that you are a fool, do something different. So, as the administration does not react to this either, it can be concluded that this is not just :slight_smile:

On this topic:

1. I am for the new form of blocks and am willing to pay for it, as for dlc. If it is really worthwhile, as I described in my topic. (It is not necessary to make doors and windows, you can just make the foundation, the ceiling and the wall.
  2. I am for silver and gold building blocks. Deficiency of materials will be dragged by the ears, do not carry nonsense. On pvp servers they extract so much material that they cannot be found on the planet.
  3. Slaves in cages, why not? What is the server load?
    Ie simply heaps of dancers do not cause a load in your opinion? These are the same slaves at the tables. I am for, a very good thing.
  4. What are the plants for smelting? In the same basket as precious metals. Did you play pvp servers at all? They are rolled up under asphalt in blocks of almost pure steel. They melt so much that already a death star could be built.
    I am for textures that are more durable and look more massive. Especially the door.
  5. From myself add that I would like a larger window. Perhaps with lockable sash, like doors. Why not done, I do not know.

The rest seems to me less significant. Even if they implement at least a part of what I said, it will already be a great feat for the developer.

P.S. Mike, if you’re reading this, давадосвидакрч :slight_smile:

Sorry for English, I write using slipper, but everything seems to be clear.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.