New idle noises need to be taken off

need to add the wheel of pain sounds to it, and its almost a beat. A horrible, horrible beat.

I swear, my guy sounds like heā€™s having ā– ā– ā–  or something every time I stop for more than a few seconds. Itā€™s VERY distracting to hear him constantly groaning and grunting. Definitely tone them down. Space them out so you only hear something every few minutes instead of every few seconds.

This is NOT remotely the MAJOR issue with this DLCā€¦ BUTā€¦ IT IS 100% annoying!

Thereā€™s little to no doubt hereā€¦ The frequency in which it happens is utterly ridiculous.

I donā€™t know if the value for this was set too high or what but currently itā€™s WAY too frequent. If you are trying to get steamers to never play your game you are currently batting a thousand lol.

You released this DLC and said that it was dedicated to the RP community.

Please go and talk to some of them and ask them their thoughtsā€¦ not the kinky / ā– ā– ā–  ones lol. The serious RP communities like Nemedian Chronicles, Hyborian Age, Nethermoon RP, & Unrestrained RP. They will give you the good and serious feedback you need. :+1:

Completely annoying. I have told my thrall thatā€™s following me off a few times tonight (lazy fool-yawn some more ill give you more to carry) out loud and my dogs are looking at me strangely. Let us have the option to turn the idle sounds on or off.

2 Likes

I agree that the stop-animation looks very annoying, and the idle sounds of the thralls should be much less frequent. When I was walking through my castle, I had the feeling that everyone had pneumoniaā€¦

Idle animations for thralls are very nice, but for my own avatar I would like them to not occur.

1 Like

i dant think so, idle animations are good

Hey there,

Regarding the idle noises, weā€™re listening (no pun intended) to feedback at the moment. Weā€™ve been informed this is caused due to an issue and itā€™s been fixed internally.

8 Likes

The noises is too much too oftenā€¦really dislike having to constantly listen to my thralls spit noogies,cough,yawn, n moan. Gets very annoying very fast. Maybe create an on/off option in the settings or remove it,whichever is easier I guess. Workaround for now is to go to settings n disable voice,downside is that wont hear any voice including players n npcs animals n what not but alleviates the constant annoyance of this horrific noises.

1 Like

We have a patch coming which will, among other things, address the issue of the ā€œtoo-many-moansā€.
This will most likely be for PC on Monday and later that week for Consoles.

As a headsup: There will be a PC Patch later today to address the thrall issues introduced with the latest update, which will NOT have the fix for the sounds.

6 Likes

Haha, it was a good pun anyway Ignasis. Thank you so much for the reply back, itā€™s good to know you guys figured out where the issue was. I canā€™t wait to see it rolled out in the hotfix :slight_smile:

4 Likes

100% agree. Make the idle animations about once every 10 minutes. And turn off the idle noises completely. Not only does it break emersion for RP. Also gives you away in PVP situations. Other than that. Great job funcom on the new dlc.

1 Like

To avoid the sounds until Monday, here is a temporary work around. Just turn this down as low as you can.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll add my agreement to the list. Iā€™m fine with the animations, but the sounds kick in within a minute of not moving, regardless if my character is actually doing something. Why is my character yawning and moaning when Iā€™m sorting through a cupboard? That is NOT being idle.

Now we know why the dlc meant with the debauchery of Derketo!
Seriously now I like the animations and sounds, makes everything so lively now!
Maybe just change frequency but please donā€™t remove then!

Online Private server: NEW The Grind House PVP-RP
America

After the latest update, all of our thralls have come down with an acute case of sudden tuberculosis. I went into my crafting room today and every single one of my thralls is coughing non-stop! This is a deadly disease and very catching. ALL PLAYERS be sure to wear your sandstorm mask to make sure you donā€™t contract this deadly disease.

Tuberculosis is an air born pathogen that causes acute coughing, lung disease, and eventually death. To reproduce this bug simply stand in the same room as your crafting thralls and go slowly out of your mind as they cough and cough and cough!

The new animations are killer (in a good way) though.

7 Likes

Known, will be adjusted in next weekā€™s hotfix.

1 Like
2 Likes

Iā€™ve given Ciproflaxen to all my people. Letā€™s hope it works.

3 Likes

I just had to come and say your joke made me lol XD

1 Like

As a temporary workaround, please see this post ā€¦

Regards

jim

1 Like