[New player] Most fun melee class?

this game has a very fun melee system, I’m loving the Herald of Xotli and Bear shaman, but I wanted to try a FULL melee character… A soldier or barbarian. But which of these is the most “involved” class? I hate feeling that I’m just mindlessly casting a rotation in an MMO, I prefer a class that actually makes me have to take last minute decisions during combat… I played a bit of Dark templar and Guardian on alt accounts, but you level up a bit slowly and it’s hard to get a good grasp of how these classes actually play in the long term.

1 Like

Pve or pvp?

PvE, I think PvP is better in more populated games, but I’d welcome your opinion on both.

1 Like

Assassin.

2 Likes

If ur on pvp, everyone runs daggers and nothing else because its broken… but i wouldnt advise pvp as theres so many cheats out there running esp etc.

Ive just returned to the game some weeks ago, so Im basically a complete newbie regarding familiarity to the other classes.

BUT I did try out this Dark Templar build; Age Of Conan - Dark Templar DMC Passive Grinding (4K) - YouTube
And I find it to be alot of fun.
Same youtuber got a Conq video aswell Age Of Conan - Besiege AOE/KB Conqueror - Skull Gate Pass Onslaught Gameplay (4K) - YouTube

Im currently playing HoX myself as my main, and focusing on this class so I graduate from newbie to somewhat competent in a class before moving on to the next.

Soloplaywise, the DT is much more relaxed and can deal with large mob groups easily than the HoX, but as I get used to the HoX, Im able to deal with more and more.

I suggest getting into a guild, and get on voice comms and talk thru playstyles. I did that first time I tried a raid, and it helped me alot. Some really helpful veterans eager to share their knowledge, both about situational rotations, AA choices etc.