New Story Content Coming?

I realize it may be a ways off but mostly I’m just curious if new story content is being worked on, I don’t even need an ETA - just want to know if season 2 will continue or not.

There might be a bit of a difference in “being worked on” and “will continue”. Their focus has always been on story, so i am sure they will continue it for as long as they can. Since it is a small team, I assume they mostly work on one thing at a time however. Recently that was Dark Agartha, right now, im sure they are working on getting Winter Event ready. I believe they are trying to split their focus between Story and End Game content, as both are important to the game as a whole. Whenever they are happy with applying new End Game content, im sure they will come back around to the Story =).

1 Like

This is what would interest me too, but after various mentions from new SWL boss I am far less optimistic it will be next year as it looks like after SA release. He seems to be more focused on more frequent updates - which is good - but due to resources, it looks like more some unfinished stuff/stories from old zones and stuff still msssing in SWL from TSW.

3 Likes

congo? what about it? is there any news about it?

That’s my hope I’d just like someone there to confirm or at least give me an eye wink.

If I had to bet, I would say that they’d start hinting at the next game update near the end of the Winter event, like how they did with Dark Agartha near the end of Samhain.

However, I don’t know if it’ll be continuation of the main story or not.

Honestly? I hope the teased next story content is still over a year away. There’s just no way the too-small team that delivered New Dawn can pull off a zone that actually conveys the vastness of unexplored wilderness I’d expect wherever all those creatures in the Kaidan docks had shipped from by spring 2019.

just as a side note, only because they have a longer time to do it, doesn’t mean they will actually make a new bigger zone.

1 Like

If I remember, in april they were discussing about the zone’s size and she depend of content and numbers of missions (the last tilty’s interview).

And since that time, they lost at least one dev (Tilty himself).

We have Dark Agartha thing done… Let’s get something with real meat. Getting Congo module up would be nice. Finishing up other story lines in other Zones… like the Great nordic sword saga that’s to be continued (sort of). Even if its nothing more than reusing NPCs that just give out Text missions and story information would be great.

Hey Funcom should update Roadmap for 2019 as well. Give us an idea of what’s coming.

It’s unlikely that the roadmap comes back in the foreseeable future.

Lets just say some people were a bit to detailfocused and stingy about it last time we had one that it turned out it is better to give none. There is still some communication and hints when one looks but it has become a more nudge nudge form of communication.

The agent system is/was planned as a system that lets them bring out relative simple texted based story bits in addition to stuff without straining the staff much. But I feel like there is still potential for more in it.
Hope you liked DA as especially the lore is interesting.
Also some of the enemies might have history or implications (I mean the werwolfs name for example) we just haven’t figured out yet.

3 Likes

If you finished New Dawn story you may say we wait Congo atm. And also maybe Antarctica. It feels enough to wait for now for me. :thinking:

2 Likes