I’d love to see thralls get flushed out a lot more, but also realize a lot of this is restricted by budget, engine, and current code state. Also, a lot of this may already be on the roadmap. That said these are some high level ideas I had for thralls moving forward as the game matures.
These are ordered based on dependency/perceived ease of implementation. For example, I wouldn’t want to worry about feeding and watering thralls, unless I had some sort of hauling system (ie cook hauls food to table/thrall walks to table when hungry and eats).
Customization - kind of obvious
- Change names
- Change appearance
- Change equipment
- Get component X from Box Y
- Take finished good X and take to destination Y (box or other station)
Keep them Fed and Watered. Hey who said being a slaver was easy? Your thralls should need to eat and drink.
- Increases depth of play as well as immersion.
- Adds increased value to food and access to water. Gives me a reason to make a mess hall.
Happiness meter. Slaves need love too.
- Gives added value to entertainers.
- Adds value to luxury items
- Rebellious slaves may need to be re-broken, tortured, or worse!
- Thralls in close enough proximity should interact with one another
- Do all races get along? Maybe there could be friction!
- Maybe I need a guard to maintain order?
Anyways, loving the game, hope this helps.