Nice article review for 2022 from bluntlyhonestreviews

Atlas was pretty good before they added premade/prebuild stuff to the game

Wish there was a online survival pirate game, that would be amazing but every pirate game we get is low budget(Almost all of them), terribly supported(Atlas), choosing the wrong direction in the game(Skull and Bones) or childish (Sea of Thieves) :frowning:

@Funcom, maybe a hole in the market, you can develop Conan Exiles you can develop a fantasy pirate survival game. Okay maybe its not Funcom that wants to do it xD

1 Like

This. If you don’t have enough feat points, get fragments of power from the unnamed city and use them. They will give you more points to unlock stuff.

1 Like

Funcom owns the Conan IP, and piracy was a strong recurring theme in Howard’s Conan stories. Conan himself was a pirate on several occasions in his life.

I would totally play Conan Pirates.

2 Likes

Count me in as well!
Sea map, pirate ship bases? Big update 3.0?

My son has recently taken to stripping naked, porting to UC, looting the fragment chest behind Red Mother whenever he can and eating it before ripping his bracelet.

If a 12 year old can figure that out, then anybody can.

1 Like

If conan had the best vanilla server toons then Im never playing another one of those games .
Good thing there are modded servers

other pic was old

Except even while this is such a convoluted and drawn out process of fighting bosses, crafting Tablets of power, trekking across the map to do this, SEVERAL TIMES
 just to unlock the DLC?
It’s ridiculous. And no, there aren’t tons of points “left over” once you hit lvl 60. All the points are gone, with MANY DLC ITEMS LOCKED STILL. So the “solution” is to go grind it out repeatedly like a mindless Zombie for fragments of nonsense, just to get my DLC that I’ve ALREADY paid for

After a lot of wasted time and effort one has to ask the question, why am I being messed around like this?

One thing I’m suspicious about, is how this “review” - FAQ fails to mention all the bugs and bad design choices, that have been in the game all these years, since launch, despite the team allegedly “fixing” them and stating so, officially in the forums, here, just before closing the threads, but then the bugs not actually being fixed.

One such example, which has given me nothing but a raging headache for a few days now, is the server settings not actually being applied to the game. This was allegedly “fixed” in a hotfix back in 2019, but still seems to be apparent now, in 2022.

(source)

The amount of restarts I’ve had to do with this game. The amount of googling required, just to figure stuff out how to play it but mainly how to fix the broken game is unbelievable. One “workaround” I saw someone suggest here was to back up your game.db in the root directory, then restart a new game (wiping your current progress but for the back up you made), make the server setting changes then finalize your new character, remembering to make sure your server is offline before you finalize, then exit game, restore your back up file, and start game again. This gets very old and irritating after a few attempts which fail to work every time.

Why am I trying to fix this? I won’t be spending any more money on this company in the state it’s currently in.

Are you running a dedicated server?

Not sure if this was meant for me, but if so, yes I am renting at additional cost, my own server, from G-Portal.com

I just think if there’s going to be a “review” in 2022, then the Skeletons in the closet need to be revealed to potential customers as well, not some sugar coated promotion, leading customers down fixed rails in the form of ‘questions’ about how great the game is.

I do like this game, believe it or not, but if there’s a review to be peddled to customers, then they need to know also the pitfalls too. And there seem to be some rather controversial ones here. Such as bugs being claimed to be “fixed”, but then re-emerging again somehow very, very un-fixed.

I believe the customer has a right to know this information.

There’s nothing convoluted about it. The DLC are by and large alternative looks for already existing items. Do you really think people would be very happy if they just gave you instantaneous access to items normally locked behind feats because you used your credit card?

The name for that, my friend, is “Pay to Win”, and it is not a popular concept.

And that right there is your problem. You’re trying to be a master of all trades without doing any of the work required for it. The reason skill points exist is to force you to make a choice in what kind of character you want to create. You should be thankful that respecing is an option. Doubly so that we have the option of grinding out extra points to eventually learn all feats. This is not the case in a lot of other RPGs or games with RPG elements.

3 Likes

Yeah. I was asking you. But you’re using gportal so the suggestion I had for the settings problem won’t work.

This is simply incorrect. If you have DLC armors, weapons and building pieces you can use them immediately if you have the Exiles Epics and Epic Weapons Feats. The building piece feats are granted to you as soon as you unlock the Master Mason feat. You don’t have to grind fragments to unlock the DLC. Also, there are easier ways to get fragments than farm UC bosses.

It sounds like you want the DLC’s to just give you advanced weapons and buildings right from the get go and that is ‘pay-to-win’ that FC specifically stated was not the intent of the DLC’s.

1 Like

I happen to completely disagree with your opinion on that. 13 points are required to unlock individual building items, of which there are many, deliberately individualised in order to make the player run out of points. This is acceptable for PvP or combat aspects of a game, however, the different characters do not have any RPG specialities whatsoever apart from which God they can summon. Why do I have to RPG which damn building blocks I have to NOT have just to build a friggin house?

Respecifying is not a privilege that I should be “grateful” for. It only serves to cause further tedium, which has its own mini- set of tedius tasks to have to undertake in making damn potions. Not to mention that the whole thing about ‘respecing’ is simply exploited to buggery by PvP players anyway.

The DLC includes Horse tack, building items decor/structural pieces completely different styles from one another, weapons with different meshes and textures, some that better suit someone’s preferences than others, they aren’t alternative looks - they are separate PAID FOR items that are optional for the player to choose whether they wish to buy them as an ADDITION to their game. Except they are treated as withheld items.

How am I paying to “win” (?) when all I want to do is build a damn house?

You say this as if it is completely “normal” and “acceptable” thing to have to do. I don’t feel like I should have to run around all over the map multiple times which I have ALREADY DONE, visiting places that I have already completed in order to kill a boss and all the minions therin, die several times occasionally, restart that process, just to get 10 shards of power for which I need 13 to unlock a building block, all because I just wish to build Castles which I paid for the optional luxury of doing already, by myself, not bothering anyone, just wanting to play the game of design and build in my own time. Who am I paying to win over?

There is no pay to win here, all there is is denial of products when they’ve been already paid for.

It’s ridiculous.

Do you realise the paradoxical error in your comment here?

You do not get immediate access to building pieces and I’m not exactly having an issue with that. The issue is getting access to them at all.

You don’t go into a bar, order a drink and then are told that you have to go do a load of chores and jobs for other people before you can then sit down and enjoy your drink, which you just paid for by the way

The arguments I’m dealing with here are getting pretty much stupid at this point.

Because you are saying you want Tier 3 building materials (the DLC mats) available when you start your character
so while everyone else is rummaging to get sandstone stairs, you have access to the top quality building mats. That is a significant advantage over everyone else. FC chose T3 because that is the mat you will use long term well after you complete your accension to level 60. It would be worthless to the rest of us if it was tier 1.

I was just trying to be helpful, but you’re not even making sense. I’d like to help you,but I’m afraid I don’t even understand your problem.

2 Likes

What do you mean you are having an issue getting them? Are you saying that after you unlock the level 60 building and weapon feats that you don’t have access to DLC you bought? If so, that sounds like a bug and something you need to send in a Zendesk ticket for.

That would definitely be something different. I took his original complaint as he wanted his DLC stuff right away and not needing to level up to the equivalent core game feat.

They’re not “advanced”. I don’t want to exploit anything, I do not wish to get one over on anyone here

I just want what I damn well paid for please

no that’s not what I’m saying, this is incorrect. What I am saying is that by the time you go through the process of happily playing the game, unlocking sandstone, building with that, then progressing nicely, by the time you get to unlocking the DLC building blocks (which in my opinion shouldn’t have a strength advantage over any other blocks and just be cosmetic) you don’t have the points to do so and are therefore faced with the situation of not being able to do anything with the DLC that you paid for.

This is clearly a sign of content that should have been in the game from the start. But I shouldn’t digress. Funcom’s brilliant mind is to say that to have the ability to unlock the rest of the DLC (because one or two of the things I actually managed to unlock with the last of my points, wow) I have to now go grinding it out mindlessly killing bosses for trinkets like a good little Doggy -

Wait, hang on, why can’t they just sell the damn lego bricks, I buy them and then level up my noob through all the different levels of stuff, then enjoy my nice DLC that I paid for without having to go googling outside of the game, breaking all immersion that was left, just to find out to my disgust that I have to get such and such ingredient from such a place on the map, go somewhere else, speak to some guy to combine them ino some other items, just to go into my damn UI to unlock points. This for each and every locked building item.

That sound like fun? It wasn’t.