No way man, I can't do it

I’m on a private server. I play vanilla though except no building decay. I tried doing the battlepass as an experiment. No freaking way. I’ve been playing for several hours and I’m just now level 7 of 60. I’ve done nothing but farm vulture feathers, kill hyenas, kill humans, skin corpses, harvest trees, crafting 10 stone picks, etc, etc, etc.

This has got to be the most bloody boring thing I have ever done in a game. PERIOD. Conan Exiles despite bugs/glitches and frustrations galore has been in the running for my favorite game of all time for a few years now.

But I can’t do this. I’d rather pay 40 dollars and get all the battlepass crap. Seriously, I would love to decorate my buildings, wear the new armor, etc. It’s one of my favorite things about Conan Exiles. But I’m not willing to destroy my recreational time that is short enough as is, doing these mundane, mindless tasks. There is simply no way.

When people are doing this kind of stuff in CoD for example, they are leveling a gun that they might not otherwise use. They are learning to use a different weapon. They are learning how to strategize against others who may prefer that gun. They are getting a novelty factor from using a weapon they haven’t used before.

None of that is present in your battlepass. It’s the same mundane tasks we did a zillion times getting to level 60. To make matters worse 90% of the time is spent traveling. You’ve got the XP so low, and the requirement so low that we spend 5-10 minutes running across the map to find humans of a faction, or berries, or a specific flower. Then we harvest a whopping 10 of them which takes like 2 minutes. Then we’re headed back across the map. It’s boring, it’s tedious, it’s miserable, it’s disheartening, it’s ZERO fun.

I’m sorry. I’ve been excited about the prospect of being able to earn or buy new armors and building pieces ever since the first mention. But this is not something I can do. I would love to throw money at this game. I’ve enjoyed it enough that I’m willing to do it. However I’m not going to do this garbage to get these items. I’m certainly not going to pay money to make myself miserable instead of just getting to enjoy the game and I’m not going to watch the store like some kind of reseller on ebay waiting for that limited window in the Bazaar when the armor set or the building set I want is actually available or on sale.

It’s NOT happening. You’re completely off target here.

We need direct purchase access to everything in the battlepass in the store. NO, not at some random time over the next friggin year. ALL THE TIME. That way when I roll a new character, I’m in the mood to put a dafari spin on that character, I can go to the store, spend real world money to fund your game by buying dafari themed armor and building pieces. Not 6 months from now, not by being miserable for hours and hour sand hours of killing 10 random enemies 1000 times.

This has got to change.

To make matters worse I activated admin mode and started “cheating” my way through the battlepass. NO. Even then it’s still miserable. Teleporting to a location and god moding down 10 bears is still monotonous and tedious.

18 Likes

You get 5 daily 10x multipliers. The battlepass was never meant to be done in one sitting. It’s active for several months

2 Likes

What does that matter? I don’t want to waste my recreational gaming time over the next few months. 100 hours of mundane, unfun tasks whether I do it in 5 days straight of binge gaming or over a 6 month period is still 100 hours of my “fun” time peed into the wind.

This is not how you make a game viable.

13 Likes

An hour a day is enough to get several levels. You can also admin panel to cheese most challenges

2 Likes

And where do these multipliers come from? I haven’t gotten any yet.

Every day you should be getting them. If they aren’t there, submit a bug report

3 Likes

Are these just automatic in the battlepass or are they some kind of item you get in game? I’m assuming you have to have purchased the battlepass for them to work?

Automatic. They’ll show on the header above the xp on challenges

3 Likes

I just hit level 11 on mine. So about 1/6th of the way done in about 2 days of actively playing. Here’s my take on it thusfar.

If I decided to grind this crap out to 60 as my sole focus, I’d be tearing my eyes out. However that’s not what I’ve been doing. The only time I go out of my way to do a challenge is when its a Rare or Legendary. They’re the only ones kinda worth doing like that.

The common and uncommons I do when I’m farming for other stuff. For example if it says kill 10 Prey Animals, that gets done when I’m looking for stuff to skin for leather/tar. Mine 10 Stone gets done when I decide I need stone for bricks. Berries or Plantfiber when I need twine. And so forth.

At the current rate I should have my BP completed through casual play in about 2 weeks tops. Some of you barbarians are gonna have that done in the next few days and more power to you. Yall got this down to a science and that’s amazing. Others may get it done sometime after I do. That’s ok too, there’s no rush.

I mean don’t get me wrong some of those are tempting. I just got that Demon Dog-Goat thing and yeah it looks pretty nifty, not going to lie. But it will all come when it does. Play at the pace you’re comfortable at. You all have plenty of time.

I wouldn’t mind if they added some small tangible benefits to completing challenges in general. Maybe some exp (kinda like a journey step bonus), or some sort of resource. This way its a bit more rewarding to do this on your active characters, rather than going to SP for some of them.

2 Likes

Maybe try just cashing them in as you play rather than deliberately doing them… you’d be surprised how you can complete the battlepass without even really trying.

3 Likes

I agree with @Criosdaidh that challenges distract from the game. And although @Taemien has already mastered the system to make it quick and pleasant, I don’t want to keep remembering that, want I have to do and how, check the challenges tab and click on completed tasks… I don’t understand why challenges force me click that :triumph: button.

I’d like to choose what I can do in the game, choose to collect fur :boar:, but get accidentally caught up in a boss :mammoth: fight, get lost in the woods :evergreen_tree: and find a unique T4 worker - just play the game.

After all, there is the word “exp” experience. Why can’t it be leveled up like characters (killing, collecting, crafting, completing a journey step, exploring and spending time in the game)?
This is the fourth leveling system in the game (leveling character, companion, mount, and now Battle Pass). Companions only gain exp by killing. Mounts by killing and riding. Challenges complicate this unnecessarily, naming the progression in Battle Pass the same as other leveling systems (“experience”), but this is separate one… Challenges could limit what their exp gives them, just like mounts and companions.

On top of that, the Battle Pass is very far from the Conan game, it has its own leveling system, its own window, its own rewards. It’s like a phone game where you can only level up for 15 minutes in a day.

The Battle Pass should be progressed by just everything we do in the game. Now it forces me to gather resources that I don’t need. I ignore the fact that in Polish the last part of the sentence in the challenge is not visible :dotted_line_face: and it is usually written there which tool, what creature or what effect I am supposed to use/kill to pass the challenge with :expressionless:.

:pencil2: Added: I was excited about these challenges before I could test them myself. I really regret that they could not be tested on Testlive.

2 Likes

At first on exiledlands it is a way easier to do this, atm i´m level 54 of 60,on siptah … it is a way more meh…

If you have to craft weapons or tools, gather branch, stone, twine, wood and craft the stonestuff.
Same for armor, craft the cheapest stuff.

On Exiled lands you have the teleporter room, grab a map with all the stuff that you need and happy porting :smiley:

It worked very well

I got the problem that i have to do the whine cellar and klael´s stronghold 20 times in a row… i was really fu***d of but it gave a lot of points :smiley: and if you run trough it worked, don´t kill all single crap in it…

bring a good follower with you an party on ( for me it was a big white tiger)

so it is possible to do that ( and that´s from me, i´m the impatient person ever)

If, like me, gaming time is a rare luxury (been lucky lately to get a fair bit of it), it’s unlikely that completing the battlepass through regular play is possible. Given that the challenges are random and rarely exciting, I will probably just do them in admin mode. Defeats the purpose IMO, but that’s the way of it.

Incidentally, I do hope the option to complete them ‘in the cheesy fashion’ stays: if you have lots of time daily to play it’s unnecessary, but if you have two hours on the weekend and that’s it, it might well be the only option.

I do hate dailies though, be it in MMOs or Conan.

6 Likes

Every 24-hour challenge cycle your first challenges should have a 10x modifier. If you do one, the next challenge is without it. But you should always get the first batch as 10x.

If this isn’t happening, submit a bug report. I will post a screenshot tomorrow if I remember.

The quality of challenges is random, 30 for common, 40 for uncommon, 70 for rare, 150 for legendary.
When you put 10x modifier on these, you make quite a bit of progress. Im getting practically 2 levels per day.

I agree with everything the OP stated.

The Battle Pass rewards are fine. I dont have a problem with them.

My problem is how you obtain them.
I thought you could just play the game normally.
No, the only way to Level the Battle Pass is through the Challenges.
I’m level 60 and have better things to do than run around grinding n00b stuff over and over EVERY DAY for BP XP.

In Red Dead Online you could level their Outlaw Pass just by playing the game. You werent force into doing Dailies. Though it did give you a quick XP boost so Dailies helped level the Pass faster.

I dont have time to log-in to do Dailies just so I can level a Battle Pass that I already bought.
It’s BS that after I paid $, I’m forced into Dailies just to unlock my purchase.

I wish I could get my $10 back

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen/heard about doing these kind of quests, I’m kinda interested. I always missed the “do this, do that” mini-quests. Although I did not even start updating the game (I usually wait 2-3 weeks for mods to catch up), that seems enjoyable for me.
Yeah I ranted a bit about not updating because of sorcery, which I still don’t like, and the high prices of the bazaar, this one got my interest.

Just FYI it would appear that the exp boost doesn’t work on the 150 XP challenges. I killed 10 bat creatures for 70xp and it gave me my bonus (used one of 5). I crafted a piece of legendary armor for 150 and only got 150 and still have 4 of my x10 left. Not sure WTH that is about.

I almost came to the same conclusion. ALMOST.

I was playing on the second day of the patch (first day was spent getting my mods up to day and then server prepped for upcomming mod updates). And was sort of grinding them out. Got to about level 4 when I was like… “wtf am I even doing?”

Took a break from the game for about a day, came back and the server was ready to be updated and after some provider issues (not related to 3.0) I was in game and playing a new character. Just kind did my normal new character stuff. Then noticed I was getting updates (I guess this is how they get ya!) just by doing my normal thing.

Then I realized, the Battlepass isn’t meant to be ground out. From what I can see you can get it to 60 in a few days (I’d bet some mad bastards can do it in a few hours). Its a little something extra you can do when you’re waiting for ingots to smelt, hides to be tanned, and other things you typically wait on.

If I have a goal in mind, I check the challenges to see if any of them align. If so I do them along the way. If they don’t then I don’t. I keep to my goal. Once my goals are done and I don’t have anything else to do. I can look at the challenges and knock a few out till something presents itself.

The BP is great for those times when you login and you’re like, “I don’t know what I want to do.” That’s something we’ve all gone through.

The BP is horrible if you look at the Wight Horse and be like… I want that now. And its horrible when you got non-Conan stuff that needs to be done.

The bonus applies to the slot, not the challenge itself. If you reroll it should put the bonus in the slots missing it. I -think- anyways. I’m not 100% sure on that.

1 Like

If we calculate a little how many challenges require us to interact … I did not expect such results myself.

:face_with_monocle: Explanation: It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to complete the Battle Pass as described below.

In the worst case, if we do only the smallest of challenge (stone collection) without boosts:

(challenges per month calculations)

60 (levels) x 1000 (exp) = 60,000 (exp in Battle Pass)
The Age is to be around 90 days, so about 3 months.
60,000 (exp in Battle Pass) / 3 (months) = 20,000 (exp)
20,000 (exp) / 30 (smallest challenge exp) = 666,666…
Suddenly, the Age of Sorcery has become more diabolical :sweat_smile: but that’s a coincidence :japanese_ogre:

• 667 challenges per month;
    • 667 times pressing the challenge completion button (per month);
    • 1,334 enter and exit the Challenges tab (per month);
  • 40-50 pickaxe strikes when collecting stone per challenge;
    • 33,350 pickaxe strikes (in the worst 50x case) (per month);
      • 1,112 putting away (or throwing away) the stone, after overloading character (with no skill points spent, using a stone pickaxe) (per month);
    • 6,670 uses the “forward” button to reach the next stone (per month).

In total:

667 (challenge completion button) + 1,334 (enter and exit the Challenges tab) + 33,350 (pickaxe strikes) + 3,336 (1,112 x 3 (open inventory, stone displacement, close inventory)) + 6,670 (“forward” button) = 45,357 interactions per month and 136,071 interactions during the entire Battle Pass :hot_face:. That’s 1,512 interactions a day.

:information_source: Reminder: It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to complete the Battle Pass as described above.

Now let’s divide it into 10 or better 20, because there are boosts, easier and more profitable challenges.

• 76 per day;
  • 529 per week.

The fact that the game requires me to do 500 interactions over the weekend is exhausting - whatever these interactions were :face_with_head_bandage:. Because these 500 interactions do not represent my gameplay style.

:spiral_notepad: However, please do not take these numbers completely seriously. :disguised_face:

2 Likes

The bonus applies to a slot, so if the 150xp challenge replaced the 70xp one you completed it would not have x10. Retooling your x10s until you hopefully get a Legendary one or at least 2 70x ones is much more effective.

1 Like