**Nothing has changed in terms of performance**

Pulling on a plant isn’t gonna make it grow faster.

That is, do not wait for the optimization of the game?

That is play the game, while they do the optimizations.

We’re actually in “gamma phase” (seriously needs to be a thing for games these days…)
Released out of financial obligation, but still in technical early access.

2 Likes

I play in a SA PVE server, and effects like rubberbanding, lag, and low fps are issues commonly seen on the game.

And all these things weren’t on the testlive from the Call to Arms. The game still had some lagging, but was much more fluid than the official server.

I hope the patch bring the same level of playability to the official servers, and seems to be a huge optimization of the game.

why then it was promised that everything would be corrected?

I tolerated and understood that early access was time to polish the game, but when the game came out and nothing changed, I was angry - the developers just spat on us, the greed is more important than the game itself

I can’t argue with that sentiment, as I have to agree…

The thing is Funcom never made such a promise. They (had to) capitalized on an assumption made by players in general, that released products are finished products.

They changed the game completely for the better near the end of the early access cycle (in my opinion)

Funcom was in debt and the clock was ticking, so they really had to release. It was a matter of life and death I think, because there’s only so long yo ucan delay something before the interest rates owed to a bank out-balances what one can afford. Like goblins say: “Time is money, friend.”

If I could point a finger at who’s fault it was… I’d say it was The Secret World’s bad combat’s fault.

I run a server on a i7 and on solid state as well. Hosted in Dallas texas on fibre. And Vandal I Don’t know what type of settings you have… But the fact your server chokes over 20 sounds like something is wrong with your server or your hoster. Because my server would hit 60 online and still hit 15fps server. I think you need to invest in a better hoster.

1 Like

the testlive was definitely running a lot smoother than live is currently. Got my guy to 25, explored the whole of the newb river and edge of the swungle which had one area with a base spanning the entirety of the river, and there was no rubberbanding or severe lag, though it did still take a minute to load the base completely. Climbing was a lot less finicky as well. The only negative difference I noticed was using daggers a lot of my swings on enemies missed more, but I’m unsure if it was due to performance or if the hitboxes on humans and hyenas were shrunk a bit

The FPS server is independent of the hardware on which you are playing
Dedicated server settings i7 7700 / 32gb ram / 2 ssd raid 0
All default settings except
NetServerMaxTickRate = 60
since ping is smaller - if you express it above, it is already starting to fall behind
server for 70 players
I am the administrator myself, and I try everything, but nothing improves
up to 30 online FPS is held at 60 - but after the FPS starts to fall the server is loaded only by 25%

@Rorik

The game looks and performs fine for me as well. I was responding to your comment about the the dlc and different departments. I think releasing the dlc looks bad to many players however, considering the issues a lot people are having.

Update on this: after noticing better performance in Testlive patch, when the patch hit live servers yesterday, I have clearly noticed not only worse performance, but worse graphics, everything looks more blurry / with less definition.

I have read a few posts reporting this as well, so hopefuly it will also be fixed.

1 Like

Confirmed but Strange: <= crazy but true. Let me explain.

So my private server once loading up and syncing the patches and mods ran well. I flew around as Admin and then player tested various known suspects and other ‘normal’ things. It ran well…still plenty of issues but it did run well. Left the server roll all night and did some testing this morning. Performance is worse. Playable but definitely worse. There were no other players in game so it was just my character left logged in to keep things ‘Active’.

Seems there is either a memory leak somewhere or some systems are not being synchronized properly. I restarted and it is back to smooth. So roughly 8hrs server runtime between smooth and getting rough. I can only imagine what it is like after 24hrs or more. Having to set up 6hr restart schedules is not going to happen.

So once again…the Private Server will stay off until the ‘Engine’ is stabilized.

1 Like

Running with mods is much improved. Instead of waiting for them to load during the custscene, its done before the Funcom logo appears. That’s a marked improvement.

If 1.0 releases are advertised as ‘not really ready for release’ then not many people will buy it, and the ‘released out of financial obligation’ becomes ineffective.
So most likely these sort of releases will continue to be without their shoddy state being disclosed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.