Game mode: Online, official (dedicated and single-player unknown)
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: Unknown.
This is a follow-up thread for other threads on this issue. Please post here if you are having or have recently had similar issues.
Some players no longer see who the NPC is they are killing, as their name tags no longer display.
- Are you still experiencing this issue? Or, if it was fixed since posting, is it happening again?
- Does this happen online, offline or both?
– If (also) online, is it on an official or dedicated server, or both?
— If (also) official, could you mention the server number(, name) and region?
— If (also) dedicated or single-player, are you using mods?
- Does this also happen with (bosses who display one and) player name tags?
- Did you try toggling the Show Name Plates setting off, restarting the game, then toggling it on again?
- Also, if you have more than one controller plugged into the console, could you please try restarting the game while having only one controller?
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
Any NPC’s name tag no longer displays (as of updating the game); various versions.
– NPC health bars and pet name tags may also go missing.
It may or may not be possible to get the name tag to show by knocking out the thrall.