NPC name tag does not display, disappears or is missing

Game mode: Online, official (dedicated and single-player unknown)
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: Unknown.
Region: NA

This is a follow-up thread for other threads on this issue. Please post here if you are having or have recently had similar issues.

Some players no longer see who the NPC is they are killing, as their name tags no longer display.

@jistsomeguy (Cant see any npc names till they are dead or ko'd) (solved itself after some time)
@NeoTheMatrix (Update makes disappear nametags?)
@Psyko (Name Tags are away)

• Are you still experiencing this issue? Or, if it was fixed since posting, is it happening again?
  • Does this happen online, offline or both?
    – If (also) online, is it on an official or dedicated server, or both?
    — If (also) official, could you mention the server number(, name) and region?
    — If (also) dedicated or single-player, are you using mods?
  • Does this also happen with (bosses who display one and) player name tags?
  • Did you try toggling the Show Name Plates setting off, restarting the game, then toggling it on again?
  • Also, if you have more than one controller plugged into the console, could you please try restarting the game while having only one controller?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Any NPC’s name tag no longer displays (as of updating the game); various versions.
    – NPC health bars and pet name tags may also go missing.

2. It may or may not be possible to get the name tag to show by knocking out the thrall.

Also,
@sestus2009 (No NPC name or health bar) (seems to have solved it using the mentioned setting.(1))

@Dragonslyph @OldSchoolGamer (Bugs that need addressed)

1 Like
  • After gods are enabled not each time but yes , but i already used to it… , but still in combats, sometimes if locked, sometimes random…
  • Happened on 1301 PVE official, on single i aint tested it… now i play AOC mod, there also sometime this happening. ( but mainly its without mods)
  • What? Bosses has nametags too? i never seen any name of any boss except 1-3 skulls…
  • Yes
  • Not using controllers on conan…
1 Like

i think mine was to revive the subject from another dead thread. i got a better tv now so i can see the gold border on the healthbars.
bosses/npc skulls/healthbars show but not names like fighter II or Linelle.
online private server ps4

2 Likes

Hey @TheLOLxd2, although the issue has been known there haven’t been any suitable repro cases just yet, as there is no obvious cause for the issue other than it happening at random times.

We appreciate the topic and will be taking note of any relevant information gathered from it, as it will hopefully help us reproduce the issue internally in order to address it.

2 Likes

its been persistent for me since the horsey update.

Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions, Hugo :slight_smile:

I’ve also edited the main post with a note on related issues in the reproduction section.

@SpeedForce71 @Durand1981 @Ming2000 (NPC name tags and health bars do not show up) (author solved it using the second controller option, others unknkown)

Hey there,

If you happen to read this, read the first post and feel free to answer the questions provided.