NPC name tags and health bars do not show up

Game mode: Online and Single Player
Problem: Bug
Region: US

I searched this topic and found another post about it in another part of the forums, so I wanted to post here just to make sure this issue is known.

On Xbox One, the NPC name tags and health bars are not showing up. This has been the case through most of early access on Xbox One, although there were a few weeks when the name tags were showing up. However, an early access update eliminated them again.

I have never seen an NPC health bar on Xbox One. I’ve seen it plenty of times in videos and screens made by PC players, so I know its a thing. It would be awesome if the Xbox/consoles could have it also.

This is not just a single-player issue, as so many other posts about this topic suggest. I have played single player and PVE online, and there are no names/health bars at all. It is also not a 1st person/3rd person issue- I tested that earlier, and still no names/health bars.

I realize that, unfortunately, there are much bigger problems with this game on both PC and console, but this is a quality of life issue that I’d would greatly like to see fixed soon. Thanks!

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play the game in either single player or PVE on Xbox One
  2. View an NPC in either 1st or 3rd person perspective
1 Like

My friend is having the same issue, assumably a bug. When will it be taken care of, its hella annoying to not know who is friend or foe on a PvP Server.

I think there is a setting in options menu to turn this off and on I had the same issue I think it’s set to off by default dude

No its all on ss default, we tried turning off all and applying then resetting all to on and applying. Nothing works its bugged out. And we dont know what will fix it.

I will confirm that the show name tags setting is on by default and deactivating/activating does nothing to fix the problem.

Have you tried re-downloading the game? Or maybe deleting all saved data for the game? (this is not recommended but it might work) There have been times where I can only see name tags if I’m practically kissing the npc, but for the most part I see nametags about 1-2 foundations distance away.

I tried reinstalling the game, but it made no difference. I’m not desperate enough to delete save data yet.

I decided to create a ticket for the missing nameplates/healthbars in the hopes that it would get more attention from Funcom than posting here. I got a message from their support team about a day after my initial submission stating the following:

“I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with the nameplates. I did some researching, and apparently having a second controller plugged in might cause the issue. Please try restarting the game without the second controller plugged in to see if that helps you with the situation.“

Well, I did have a second controller plugged in, so I unplugged it, went a step further and did a hard reset of the Xbox, then started the game up. And to my great delight, I could see nameplates and healthbars again. Thanks Funcom Support for that simple yet very satisfying fix!

2 Likes