Maybe this info will help some people like my friend and I who have been trying to decrease the respawn rate of everything and have had problems doing so. There is a lot of conflicting information form what I found about how the server modifiers work for:
- NPC respawn speed multiplier (under combat)
- Resource respawn speed multiplier (under harvesting)
Note that the in-game description of both are worded exactly the same basically:
- NPC - “multiplies the speed at which npcs respawn in the world after dying.”
- Resource - “multiplies the speed at which resources respawn after being harvested.”
So one would assume that they both work the same way right? Well, they don’t - they work complete opposite of each other as so:
- NPC - the higher the number on your setting the LONGER it takes for npcs to respawn.
- Resource - the higher the number on your setting the SHORTER it takes to respawn.
To confirm - test results
- NPC/Enemies - server setting at 3 - respawned after roughly 45 mins
- NPC/Enemies - server setting at 0.1 - respawned at 1:30 (one minute 30 seconds)
- Resources - server setting at 10 - respawned at 5 mins
- Resources - server setting at 0.1 - had not respawned after 2 hours when we concluded