Occult Defence rewards

Commanders have an effect that makes them, for a time, invisible to radar. This timer scales as you reach the higher Waves. It’s called Under the Radar: “Due to being under the radar this enemy does not currently have a map marker. When this effect ends, a map marker will be added.”

Ah ok, well then they’re just intentionally the only way I can fail then. It seems a little mean to have the all-black Shade on a black background with no map icon but whatever.

So basically, level 3 isn’t worth doing, since the rewards are identical to level 1?

Level 1-3 are all E1 rewards, then level 4 starts the E2. So if you can do 3 but not 4, then yeah just do 1 I guess.

The only real complaint I have about this is the lack of a text warning. You MUST have sound on to know that the commander spawned, unlike in Seek and Preserve when there is a possession or explosive you need to deal with. I play without sound sometimes, and listen to other things while playing almost all the time so it’s easy to miss the commander spawn warning.

1 Like

There should be a text warning. It’s bottom left for me at least.

Let’s face it though. Ain’t nobody got time to read subtitles while watching the map and trying to kite 4000 mobs. This is the first time I’ve had to play with game volume in a while and listening to nerdy mc nerd face tearing open a new one isn’t really my type of background entertainment.

4 Likes

Drop the hammer! XD

1 Like

I went back to check and there are subtitles! They just disappear before the guy is even done talking so it’s easy to miss.

I usually just have the game loud enough so I can hear that something has been announced, but not loud enough that I can’t hear my music. Then I just try and glance quickly to spot the word “commander”. Not the best way, but it works most of the time

1 Like

It doesn’t always say commander later. Can be one of a number of random announcements.

[18:14] You received [Glyph Distillate (4,000cc)]
[18:14] You received [Signet Distillate (4000cc)]
[18:14] You received [Glyph Reward Bag]
[18:14] You received [4,400 Anima Shards]
[18:14] You received 4400 Anima Shards.
[18:14] You received [Weapon Distillate (4,000cc)]

after today’s patch, this is what I got from doing waves 19-21 … exactly the same rewards I got from completing a single wave 21 before the patch.

Ugh.

single wave 21 :

[18:27] You received [Glyph Distillate (4,000cc)]
[18:27] You received [Glyph Distillate (4,000cc)]
[18:27] You received [Signet Distillate (4000cc)]
[18:27] You received [Glyph Reward Bag]
[18:27] You received [Fey Ley Line Stone]
[18:27] You received [4,400 Anima Shards]
[18:27] You received 4400 Anima Shards.

I’m glad I did almost 500 single wave 21 before this change. But I can’t really complain either cause it is tuned time vs reward wise the same as S&P now. I mean I want to complain though I really do lol

For the time spent the rewards are fine, I just wish it was three glyph distillates. :v:

Curious to know exactly what this meant in the patchnotes though:

Since it seems like you only got a single bonus for three waves (the way it was supposed to work previously). :v:

After running 2 waves, 17-18, I got 4 distillates (glyph glyph signet weapon) so I assume it just means it alternates 1 weapon/tali and 1 glyph now. Which would be an increase over the old “2 every 3”

1 Like

Nice.

waves 21+22 :

[18:56] You received [Glyph Distillate (4,000cc)]
[18:56] You received [Glyph Distillate (4,000cc)]
[18:56] You received [Signet Distillate (4000cc)]
[18:56] You received [Glyph Reward Bag]
[18:56] You received [4,400 Anima Shards]
[18:56] You received 4400 Anima Shards.
[18:56] You received [Talisman Distillate (4,000cc)]
[18:56] You received [Agent Dossier: Francis Rowan]

the “signet instead of glyph” bag compared to a Seek and Protect run is good for me (my signets suck) but OD isn’t as much fun as S&P because at times it feels just unfair (to the solo player).

The gadget and agent drop chance increase seems nice though according to your posts!

I wouldn’t try to read that much from a sample size of “3” :slight_smile:

3 Likes