Old issue continues to plague players

I’ve already made a post reporting my bug but I’ve discovered it’s a much grander issue. I’ve found posts dating far back that report my exact issue. Fatal Error followed by the option to send a bug report, the game still runs fine but inevitably crashes after a few minutes or if you close the fatal error window. The forums I’ve found discussing it have gotten no attention from the devs. I don’t think this is on purpose, but there are many people in these forums that as far as I can tell never had this problem fixed as many solutions either didn’t work/weren’t available to some people. I am among both of these groups. I was really looking forward to getting back into this game and after only a day of playing I’ve run into a serious bug that isn’t given any attention. As I said, I’m sure the devs aren’t purposefully overlooking this, but I think it is a must that we call attention to this. This is simply unacceptable and not only is it baffling this is an issue in the first place as it is so unique, but also that it hasn’t been given attention sooner as there are multiple forums in regard to this whose dates are scattered across the timeline of this game’s life. I hope this issue is fixed soon, as I would really love to get into this game again, it is truly a wonderful experience. But this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

How to write a wall of text and say nothing at the same time … How about you provide some actual details or at least make the effort to fill up the bug report template.

I am playing in Single-Player and I have zero issues.

5 Likes

I actually did provide details about the issue I was having and said that I already filled out a bug report. In hindsight I could’ve provided links to the forums I was referring to(which I will do now) but this reply was still more aggressive than it needed to be. Also, I made it clear this isn’t a wide spread issue (likely why it hasn’t been addressed yet), but still one that has been around for a long time and stops a fair number of people from playing the game for no reason.

1 Like

Funcom connan exiles fatal error - Conan Exiles / PC Discussion - Funcom Forums

Fatal Error Upon Start-up / Complete Game Crash - PC Discussion / PC Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

Fatal error report after game starts up - PC Discussion / PC Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

Fatal Error on Launch PC Game Pass - PC Discussion / PC Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

Fatal Error help me somebody - PC Discussion / PC Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

These are a few. I’ve come across other forums where these fixes did not work for multiple people. I myself am one of them. And I think this deserves attention from the devs as this very round about fix is more work than people should have to go through to play the game even if it is the issue. Granted, one of these did get some attention from a very friendly dev, but it seems like OP ran into the same problems as everyone else for the standard fixes and the issue wasn’t solved.

Edit: You seemed to have been a good help on a few of these Narelle. I hope you can help me out too.

A solution was pointed out in the linked threads, have you tried it?

1 Like

I looked into it. I have windows 11 but KB5008215 isn’t appearing. I do see that I have some updates from before installing wndows 11, such as KB5008212, but my computer won’t let me delete it. Even if I could I’m skeptical about deleting security patches and exposing my computer to threats. Thanks for checking out the forums tho.

Strange, does it give an error message upon trying?
There’s alternate methods to delete it though, if you want to try.

There’s really no need to be skeptical, unless you frequently visit shady websites or are prone to phishing attempts there’s very little (if any) risk involved.

It’s more so that for some reason when I go and try to delete it, my settings has a limited list of updates it will allow me to delete.

Well… that complicates things. Can’t really help you there then.

Not really. I appreciate the effort. That’s part of why I wanted to call attention to this so that the devs might actually fix the bug instead of the community having to rely on this not very reliable work around.

Ive found that conan is very sensitive to anything overclocked in a pc system lol.
So if you have any type of overclock,might want to try defaults…run the file check in steam…update all drivers…turn off any anti-virus before starting conan…turn off any extra programs that are not needed while playing conan…if this is happening during other games too,blow your pc out,them things get dirty and accumulate dust that makes heat…
Not sure what you tried,but hopefully something here helps. :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t have any overclocks I’m aware of and have tried all of the standard solutions for a game fixes. Thanks for the suggestions tho!

1 Like

Greetings @Bobadi ,

Thank you for sharing this!

Can you try to verify your files in order to see if the issue is solved? If this is still happening after verifying your files, please, try to reinstall Conan Exiles since a fresh install usually works.

Let know us if this worked or if you’re having the same issue.
If so, also let us know which launcher you’re using to play Conan Exiles as well as more information that you may find useful, such as what you were doing in-game right before the error.

I hope we were able to assist you and we wish you a great day! :slight_smile:

I use steam. I’ve verified and reinstalled the game. I’ve also tried work arounds like temporarily turning off wifi while I launch and then turning it back on after I’m in and this doesn’t seem to help. I’ve essentially tried everything I could find in the forums and discussions. I believe my problems lie in the windows update that my computer won’t allow me to remove. Which means I think I am stuck until the devs simply remove this bug somehow or maybe until I get another computer someday. Thank you for your suggestions tho :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.