One Maelstrom and one Wild Surge per server reset

Online private
Cry for help
PvE
NA
No mods

I am an admin on a dedicated server a friend owns, and I fear I may have messed things up. We are getting 1 storm and 1 set of wild surges soon after server restart, which happens twice a day. After that, nothing.

I did, early on, play with the settings for the maelstrom in an attempt to increase wild surges and do not remember which were changed and what the original values were.

To validate, I left my character online several 12 hour periods and nothing after the first ones, since there is a minimum of 1 online.

Below are our settings. Anyone see anything that could cause this?

Thanks in advance !

Regards

jim

Edited PS: Set of wild surges, not just one.

1 Like

Have you tried just hitting reset defaults?

1 Like

Ishinaia, I would, except for the fact that it also resets the admin password. Since the owner is going through a hard time I don’t want to lay a burden there. If reset, it requires his intervention.

I’ve also considered a new single player comparison, but unless I delete the proper config files and validate local files, ir would not be trustworthy. I am considering that as a last resort, though.

My hope is that someone here has run into the same thing and has knowledge of the settings.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :slight_smile:

Regards

jim

Ah no problem. I will take a look at ours when I log in later today and see if I can spot any difference.

1 Like

Have you tried setting the minimum required players to zero? It could be a bug in that setting.

1 Like

I second this ^^

1 Like

Yep, just checked ours and it said 0 for players online. Both our wild surge spawn times are on 60.

1 Like

Will try today if possible. First, setting the min player count to 0, and if no joy, adjust the wild surge spawn timers.

Thanks you for your insightful suggestions !

Regards

jim

1 Like

Good luck

1 Like

Success. Thanks to Helium and Ishinaia both are back to normal by setting:

Minimum Required Players = 0

@Ignasi, setting the above to 1 under server settings:Maelstrom only enables one maelstrom and one set of wild surges per server restart. Verified multiple days by leaving 1 character online for the entire duration between server resets (12 hours). Although in admin mode with eating turned off, I doubt that would have an effect.

No mods, online dedicated, PvE, NA.

Please accept this as a bug report.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. We’ve sent note to our team so they can look into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.