Out of Water Buggy Climbing, Deah, and Corpse Disappears

Online Official
Geometry and Corpse Bug
PvE
EU (Server 1053)

So, I took the effort of getting my brother to play the game and even bought it for him as a present. Which makes this bug even more annoying as we dont have all the energy in the world to bring people to your game for it have ways to push those people away and have them one hair away from uninstalling on the spot.

We were up in the north. That pool on the left of the Bridge of the Betrayer.

After a long hunt for Sabertooth Cubs, and killing some undead and looting and what not, fun times, he was thirsty and needed to refill his waterskin to drink some water. We walked over to that pool with the ice.

First of all, what the hell guys? Drinking water and filling up water skins is the most annoying thing ever designed. You need to crouch to have it close to head level for it to work properly, or walk back and forth all day long pressing E (or whatever bind you have) to hope you drink some water.

And so he couldn’t fill his waterskin and was about to start dying from thirst. Crouching, watever, nothing worked. He jumped into the water, drunk some, filled the waterskins, all good, and was on his way back out.

A simple 10 second process.

The geometry for coming out of water and climbing out of it is completely broken in this game. Even more so noticeable in the Dregs. A complete animation needs to be added for this or some complete rework because it works bonkers at the moment.

Be that as it may, he finally was able to cling onto the ice and was starting to climb out of the water, when it registered as a mountain instead and he lost his grip. He went falling, in the water, as if he was in thin air, landed at the base of the water, and lost half his life. Frostbite is kicking in at the same time. Swims up again, climbs, same thing. Second time is a charm and it kills him off.

We spent I don’t even know how long after that to recover the body. At first, I went myself since I have more health and better cold protection. To make sure I dont lose my loot as well, I dropped my things on my pet, farmes some wood and twine, made 2 boxes, dropped my stuff in, got bucknaked and jumped into the water. I can handle it, was able to reach the bottom of the basin with little health depletion. I swam around for 5 mins. Coming up for breath, climbing out, warming up, jumping back in, with my bro telling me direction from the map to his deathpoint.

Not that it would matter if I found the body since clan members cannot loot their friends upon death in PvE… ummmmm… what? But anyway. The body was nowhere to be found. It had gone bellow the geometry of the lake floor.

He tried as well, nothing. No corpse anywhere. A short while later after we gave up the corpse disappeared completely, and all our good loot of obsidian, hardened steel bars, gold, and other items, not to mention a brand new Vanir heavy armour for the north, got lost for… NO REASON AT ALL!

I too had issues several times climbing up out of the pool. Dropped once off the edge of the world myself but thankfully I have much more health and it would take more than just 2 drops like that to kill me. Other times, it worked fine and we were able to climb out.

Seriously, this is as far as bugs go the most gamebreaking thing ever, beyond any level of reasoning. Are you trying to get people to stop playing? Its a survival game, death is already something that hurts as it is. Dying for no reason at all because of a BUG is a big no for this genre. Be that as it may, shizz happens. But to further add salt to the wound and have your corpse completely disappear is a large slap to the face with a cold fish and feels more like punishment for trying to get into and enjoy the title.

You guys are lucky the game is quite addictive and fun in so many other ways, but bugs like this are something you should completely work a way around from. Even add a menu function “Respawn Corspe”, whatever. A function that tries to drop the body at the spot it died until it reaches geometry and stops for you to be able to find it. I have had this happen to me as well in the desert. Died and the bloody corpse was underneath the mountain.

And get that “climb out of water” mechanic fixed plz. Asap. These are sure ways to get people to hit the uninstall button more often than you would think.

Good thing I had already lost my virginity to such buggy situations and now take death as something I dont care about and move on. This is not a solution though, this is a way of coping so you don’t end up completely throwing Conan Exiles out the window.

1 Like

First, i think it’s very nice to gift your brother with a game you love yourself, so he can enjoy it with you.
But unfortunately, you can’t force anybody to enjoy a game if they don’t. It’s up to him to enjoy it or not. Maybe for a newcomer, joining a appropriate server, or set-up a privat one can be helpfull. Some servers have other settings, and you may not lose all on death. Maybe less frustrating for your brother at start.

Vanishing body can happen, we know it all. What can help here, is run out of render-distance, then come back. Often the missing body is then here again. It simply didn’t show up properly at first.
For others a relog may help when this happen. Bit longer, depending, i agree.

I am sorry, but this is not a valid response. With all due respect.

I aint forcing anyone to enjoy anything. He is enjoying the game just fine. And the whole hardcore aspect of the game is fun.

Bugs like this have zero excuses and should have zero tolerances as well. “It is known” tells me that the situation is even worse than I thought. As this is a priority bug. Corpse retrieval bugs in a survival game? Is this a joke? And buggy geometry that will kill you because it works 5 out of 10 times?

The it “is known” simply tells us ways to cope with a problem. That is not a solution again however. It needs to be fixed.

We ran out of render distance. So that didnt work either. We tried the workarounds. They didnt work.
Come on guys. Solutions, not excuses. This is an issue that needs to be attended to, not responded to with “play single player” or “work around it like this, it is known”.

We don’t want to play single player, we are enjoying playing with others and also enjoy the loot drops on death aspect. Changing to a server without a mechanic we are indeed enjoying is not an option to fixing a bug. Its a choice for ignoring it. Sorry.

Be that as it may, I thank you for the response regardless.

And yeah, it is a moment of WTF but he came around, was already logged in today before me and we sat around playing another 4+ hrs enjoying the game regardless. Its one of those things that you just take it for what it is, say ok, whatever, move on, then enter the mentality of “even if I lose my loot at any moment, I care not”… But aside from taking these steps, it is still a priority issue imo.

What is worse is that it throws your trust in the game off. Having the fear each time you die if it will bug out or not. An aspect which I find hardcore and rather enjoy feeling like I am in a world that anything can happen should not be this broken. That is all I am saying.

1 Like

Like i can’t fix the bug for you, all i can do is give you the workaround we use mostly when this happens.

Also i know, some people are prompt to disantstill a game when the first problem or bug occur, that’s up to them. Nothing we can do here.
Yes, there are bugs still in the game, that’s the purpose of this forum-section here anyway. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No of course not. I agree. The issue in all this I think however is not focusing more on “people uninstall”… This is the result of something important which is broken, and that should be the focal point.
We are gamers for 3 decades. We aren’t some silly kids that wanted things handed to them. And we have seen our fair share of bugs over the coarse of a lot of gaming.

As mature as you are, a moment like this however that makes you feel punished for playing the game is not something that does not drop as a brick on your head and ruin both immersion and enjoyment. And why else play games other than enjoyment?

No, he, I, or whoever else, in this situation is not prompt of uninstalling. Being prompt of uninstalling is when someone plays Apex Legends, dies first game in an expected manner, does not try to learn anything and just leaves. This is not to be confused. And this is not the first problem or bug. He has been playing over a week, and I for longer. We have seen our fair share of bugs. lol.

At that point it starts to become a test of patience and how much can you put up with until you say “f it with this game”… Its not a “prompt to leave” situation. Its a “I gave you so many chances and you still find ways to ruin the enjoyment of the game” situation.

But, as I said, we are mature enough to look passed these things. The bug itself however, should not be looked passed. And yes I know you can’t fix the bug for me… That is not your job is it? The idea of the forum is to bring awareness to bugs like this so those that can fix them can start seeing it as an issue that needs to be attended. If we all keep saying “yeah, we know, there is a work around”, the devs might as well say “ah whatever, its not a priority, they found a way around it, lets work on this over here instead”. Know what I mean?

Known or not, the more people adding to the issue, the higher the priority should be. And I think it should be pretty high as it is and something they should be working on. This here is the difference between a silly bug here and there, and a game breaking bug. This fits the latter of the two.

1 Like

Completely agree with you, and thank you for the complet and nice answer.

Yes, of course, i play the game since EA, and know very well *those moments". Who don’t when you like gaming anyway.
The thing is, that this world is very attaching, and can be beautiful, immersive and all, then this bug or glitch or whatever is showing up, and it hit us even harder than it would maybe in an other game.

Actually there lot of new players around, due to the free days for ps4. And i’m coming accross so many posts or rage quit. But i feel to that this isn’t your case.
All i can hope that you will enjoy the game as i did over time, and that you don’t run in to many frustrating bugs.

Good gaming and have a great time ! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey there,

To loot a corpse you have to look for the tombstone, which stays at the exact same spot the player’s HP dropped to 0. The corpse is still affected by physics, but the tombstone will prevail on its spot.
Regarding corpse looting, it is a configurable setting for server admins that can be tweaked to your liking. On official servers, it’s set that way to avoid possible griefing, but on private servers that can be changed.
Regarding the climbing issue, we’ll send word to our team so they can look into it.

2 Likes

Thank you a lot for the response. Yes we are aware of the tombstone mechanic. Its how he guided me towards it in the first place xD

Then he tried himself even with less health and was still able to swim at the spot of death which resulted in no body to be found :frowning:

When this happened to me as well it was at the natural bridge/pass with Hyenas on it near the Skittering Cavern. The body was under the mountain (this was single player, I actually turned ghost on and clipped through the terrain to find it).

Im kinda ok with the no loot mechanic in PvE from friends… We wanted to play on an official server and most official (I think all? I didnt check them all tbh) have no loot in PvE. I was thinking that this is perhaps kind of too much for PvE to be turned off for team mates as well. As in, there is the “nobody can loot you” option and then there is the “everybody can loot you” option, and nothing in between (say, friendlies only can loot you). Anyway, this was just a surprise in learning how it works, hardly my complaint at all. You just learn the mechanic at hand and plan ahead accordingly I am cool with it.

Again, thnx for the response.

1 Like

Yeah maybe I didnt explain it well enough the first time, or the constant new players raging got you used to such kind of complaints, haha, yeah I get where you are coming from now :wink:

I’ve had experience with Funcom games tbh, and pretty much know what to expect :stuck_out_tongue: Was a 2 year subscriber in Age of Conan (even had the collectors edition which I still proudly showcase on my shelf… Whatever the shortcomings of the game at the time, it was still good times).

Be that as it may, little bugs and everything else aside, they have really come a long way, learned a lot from their past mistakes, and I see a true gem here. Maybe I am biased because I am a Conan fan? But, I hate survival games… And yet… I love the entire survival aspect to this game. This is probably the only game to me that makes sense being a survival game.

So, point being, I think I might be around for a while :smiley: I’ve already stacked up like 140hrs in the game, and another 30hrs in the Free Weekend a month ago. I have to say… I am addicted. lol.

See you online, and cheers :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.