Patch essentially destroyed my base

Online Official PVE-C #1516:
Cannot build inside my own base
PVE-C
US

So apparently, they are adding a dungeon at Klael’s Stronghold. Right where my base has been for a few months.
I can now no longer place anything inside my own base. Some sand dunes were added to the map which are now almost completely covering up some of my crafting stations. Cant place or move thralls. For some reason, I could not walk thru my own door earlier, so I had to return it to inventory. I was unable to place it back; “Building is not allowed here.” So now my base is wide open. Not that I expect them to do anything, but just wanted to gripe a bit, now that I have to find a new home, re-plan, and farm God knows how many mats to start over. Thank You, Funcom.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log in.
  2. Look around.
  3. whisper WTH to yourself.
  4. sigh and log out.
1 Like

Man, that blows. I considered building at Klael’s stronghold myself initially (it’s a cool location, strategically speaking), only the boring Purges back when they semi-worked (seemed to be bugs only) kept me from doing so. Now I’m really glad I didn’t settle there.

Its bad you lost your base but that location obviously was not meant to be player build, too bad it wasnt no build before.

1 Like

I disagree, I don’t think it was “obvious” by any means.

1 Like

@Ignasi think I have found a nice spot pretty close, but even further away from the obelisk. Nothing about that spot ever told me “hey dont build here”. I have built plenty of bases in my time on that server, but this one was my “forever home” if you know what I mean. Would just have been nice to get a heads up and a little bit extra time.

Hey mazterjedi,

I’m sorry to hear about this unfortunate event. May Crom give you the courage and strength to rebuild your homeland. We will try to be a bit more careful in the future about similar situations like these and hopefully give a fair warning.
Unlike Crom. He doesn’t listen.

Cheers!

5 Likes

@Ignasi Thats good. I think if you are going to pop a new dungeon, thats great. But if the dungeon is near/in/around a previously player buildable area, perhaps a warning can be sent out via forums/facebook/twitter just so players with bases in that area have a fair warning, unlike I did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.