PC Hotfix (01.07.2020) - Crash fixes and other improvements

Greetings, Exiles!

We’re releasing a small hotfix that takes care of a number of crashes related to connectivity issues, a fix for the excessive “pong” messages in server logs, as well as improved messaging in regards to FLS errors.

Thanks again for your ongoing support, and stay safe.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes
performance

• Fixed a number of crashing issues.
  • Removed excessive PONG logging on the server.

ui

• Improved messaging when FLS login fails due to Steam being unavailable (i.e. Weekly Maintenance, Summer Sale overload).
4 Likes

Is this right? What is PONG? Meant to be PING?

I’m confused or outside of an inside joke. :wink:

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Getting a pak file corrupt or tampered with trying to rejoin my usual official server.

1 Like

только с утра все нормализовалось, и вот опять. После hotfix-а выскакивает ошибка steam online services are unresponsive. ЗАЧЕМ ЛОМАТЬ ИГРУ ??? С последнего патча я 1 раз смог в нее зайти, сегодня с утра, все остальное время я должен наблюдать ошибки со стороны разработчиков !

A pong is a ping reply. The server log was listing huge lists of them.

We have -------------- PING PONG :smiley:

1 Like

Try to verty game files, first fix where i actually see everything finnaly works …

1 Like

Never knew that. Learn something new everyday.

2 Likes

Same here! Game launched very nice and fast after this patch but in 10 seconds of gameplay crashed because of that pak file.

Right now while posting here, I’m running the steam verify file integrity right now see what happens. :expressionless:

Not sure if this patch was meant to fix the issue, but server lists are still borked and useless to me

1 Like

@Lleilwin, have you found posts on this board that are similar to your issues? If so, please consider adding your experiences with as much data as reasonably possible.

If not, please create a new thread so we can see your data in the form at the top and a description of the issues. Posting here gets read; a thread gets read quicker and in more detail because the issue is in, well, one thread.

Regards

jim

1 Like

No word on stopping people outside the region/outside of ping cap being able to simply connect by direct connecting?

Curious if there are ever any plans to make it so that the dedi client stops spamming the crap out of the Windows event log.

This is the only server I host with this issue.

Ignasis, sorry mate but the hard crashing is worse than ever. 3 times in the last 90 minutes, random incidents, total computer lock. I have reinstalled, validated, shut down apps running in the background, checked drivers, the works … nada. Other games working fine.

Hi Ignasis,

I have a g-portal server and I get this now after it tries to authenticate me.

Pak file corrupted or tampered with. Please use steam options ‘Verify integrity of game files’ to repair game install. Exiting…

Thx for input,@Jim1
Yea, I have seen this issue posted several times by now

Only way to log into the server I play on is via ‘Direct Connect’.
Server doesn’t show in ‘History’ or ‘Favorites’ and cannot be found by manuel search in server list.
After 2nd last patch, connection attempts don’t time out 8-9 times before I get in, so that’s definitely an improvement.
Once in, everything seems to be in order for me

As soon as you get to the server selection screen, tap Level one time. That sorts any server you have a toon on to the top. Faster.
This is testlive, but live is the same.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

It worked!! Thank you!

1 Like

по прежнему ошибка steam online services are unresponsive. Проверка файлов на целостность ничего не дала, решите вы уже блин проблему

1 Like