PC Hotfix Build 103818/18696 (10.07.2018)

Well, it is nothing gamebreaking and i included a temporary relief so it can wait i think.

It has something to do with the vanishing character preview at the inventory screen.
For now you can stop the bug temporary by switching to the STATS tab before closing the window.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest with you, I didnā€™t even know motion blur was a thing. I turned it on and ewwā€¦ but anyway, no toggling it either way doesnā€™t make any difference. As SpeedFreak3 has pointed out itā€™s related in some way to inventory and switching to the stats tab before exiting clears it up.

Yup can confirm this is working. Turn off AA is working too for me.

1 Like

i still want to know about the stability support that vertical/diagonal beams gives before the last patch and has been remove.
lots of builders who loves makin complex buildings need those back.

1 Like

Thank you for the hotfix. But even the third thing was not removed. The character in the inventory is still not visible. FPS drops every 5 sec. to set up ultra earlier without problem 100fps now jump from 90 to 52 and back. Loot all and mouse selection are unavailable.

1 Like

interesting, will try it out too

EDIT: nice :smiley: this will do for now.

1 Like

Regarding vertical/diagonal supports being made decorative only, and not adding stability, I think the solution should be to simply increase the maximum number of building pieces that can be linked together by two or three building pieces. That would solve most buildersā€™ construction issues without allowing infinite bridges.

Edit: What I mean is reduce the stability loss for horizontal and diagonal pieces so two or three more can be linked before stability is too low to add more.

3 Likes

It is a poll going on for these areas, read it and vote!

Motion blur is a workaround that devs use to the mitigate the appearance of animation stutter from lower frame rates, but it looks just as bad if the effect is applied too heavily.

The weird blur glitch weā€™re dealing with now might have something to do with AMDā€™s 1.5 driver, which is also causing some terrain objects to appear transparent when viewed against the sky texture. Some have reported the transparent object and blur bug being fixed when they rolled back their driver to 1.4, but the character image on the inventory screen still vanishes.

Thank you, great stuff:)

Decay
We have received feedback from EU and US players that it will be tricky to maintain your bases on official servers during the common vacation period in July and early August due to the decay time being 6 days. We are therefore temporarily increasing this to 18 days for EU and US Officials starting this coming week.

This should be permanent. We have lives outside this game, we have vacations, holidays, family, sickness and death, some people may even have to work overtime and weekends, etc etc. etc. There are so many reasons why 6 days is not enough. Those of us that really enjoy playing this game and want to play it for years to come will need more than 6 days as the years go on. We have real lives outside this game so please consider at least keeping it at 14 days. Keeping it at 6 days will most certainly make the playerbase go down. Maybe the more hours weā€™ve played the more time we can get added or something overtime.

3 Likes

The problem with decay being high is that it takes even longer for grieferā€™s spam to disappear.

Well, iā€™m on a Nvidia Card an got this so there might be more behind this problem.

3 Likes

Delivering patches on Saturday, what a commitment!

4 Likes

The problem might be a VRAM issue. If you spam ā€œiā€ you will see a big FPS drop. If you press i again and click on ā€œstatsā€ then press ESC your FPS is back to normal and no blurry textures anymore.

Iā€™ll fix it immediately! Will move the post to General :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Tascha

Decay timers are still capped out at 144 hours, at least on my server (1038 PvE-C)

edit: oops, it starts next week

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So whats the stress, do it when youre on a pc again, they react and care, so just vote as soon as you can. I am sure different parts of the world have different vacation systems, so they will change it accordingly, thats whats important and thats what this messge tells me, and its great:)