PC Patch (09.07.2020) - Crash fixes and additional Friend List fixes

Thanks a lot for the clarification and quick answer :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Are thrall limits ever going to be imposed? I thought that was supposed to be enabled a while ago, but my thrall list still does not show the count or limit. Or am I missing something.

Is this worded correctly? After using them a few times, the difference I’ve noticed is that they allow you to heal with weapons equipped. The cripple/movement effect seems the same to me. The lack of healing mid-combat (with weapon equipped) I always felt was an acceptable trade-off for bandages since they stopped a bleed stack.

great annother patch wich is still ignoring the Main Problem, that alot of players cant join theyr servers, cuz ping 9999, population zero, ranking low as hell, overtime timeout u lost connection while serverlist is still updating…

and its 4 WEEKS no thats A MONTH, ignoring that people cant play the game they payed for…

other companys like wildcard had the exact same issus with theyr serverlogin and fixed it in 4 Days…!

and all u see bugfixes for minor problems…

1 Like

fixed nothing, still no ping no users no nothing, not even remember the serversettings if u join the funcom undeadlife service… and still the same timeoverdo lost connection stupid message, while the serverlist mockes u in the back been updated…

still not working still the same issues like before as the fucom live service came online…
bevore no problems everythign was working perfekt now u cant even join the server anymore…

You didn’t expect a Funcom fix to actually work, did you? :wink:

2 Likes

When can we expect the patch notes to the changes to RCON and some of the commands that now output different… or are there patch notes related to the recent updates that i’ve missed?

Still getting ‘Lost Online Connection’ today. Latest log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ca4yBzeT-CV7kTNU3NbyLUz-Zat42Jly/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

For me it hasn’t solved the problem.
Active filter for “Official”, “Pve”,“EU” listed 45 server with Ping 9999 and 0/40 Players.

When I checked my firewall log I have seen a lot of blocked udp connection on port 28001 and higher.
After I added a new rule to allow udp from port 28001-28999 and refreshed the server list (same filter set) all official server where listed with ping and player info (except the server “Combat_TestLive_EU3_PvE”).

My question is if their is an official list which protocols and ports has to be open on a firewall for the Conann Exiles Client?

Edit: It would also nice to know which are the endpoints (ip addresses), because I still see a lot of blocked connections with other port ranges and also ip addresses beside the range of the g-portal server.

2 Likes

There is one, but new stuff keeps happening on the live servers, without testing. I used to love being dedicated to testlive, but it seems like there isn’t much point to it anymore.

As to few people helping test? When you help test and report major issues, then to meet deadlines, they just release to live without fixing the major issues… it really takes away the desire to help test.

I’m honestly just lurking in forums now to see how all the TenCom drama plays out. Maybe they will get in a groove and address the way things are being done lately. Maybe not. As it stands now, I am certainly not willing to invest anymore in any funcom products, but I do have hope that they turn this around.

What are we all to think when a patch gets posted that claims to fix something and it actually only breaks more things, without fixing the one thing they said it would fix? It has been a month long disaster.

I know you are one of the hardest working modders in this game and you know I have mad respect for you and all the work you do to make this game better. I just am no longer able to defend funcom, the way they are handling things. I suspect it comes down to the new ownership changes. I suspect TC decided to cut costs by removing the Q from QC.

6 Likes

Sirvink, I recognize all the testing you have done and the fine reporting. We certainly need you.

The last few updates were not on testlive because they had to be out as quickly as possible; people were not able to play. Most of those people can now get ingame. I empathize with those who are still having problems.

The last major release was on testlive for weeks and we established a dedicated server testlive instance to accommodate it. I made a few posts from it, but the catastrophic problems never came up there.

As of last night, the versions match, so there is nothing new to test. But the devs are still working and I (guessing) would expect a new release to testlive within a couple of weeks with a bunch of new stuff to break :slight_smile:

It’s so much better than last year when the major patches were put on testlive, but released without taking reports into consideration; now they do. If the problem is significant enough to warrant a new release to testlive, they do that, too, and wait for feedback.

We need you.

Regards

jim

4 Likes

Thank you Jim1.

I wasn’t following too close, prior to when things went downhill. But what caused everyone to not be able to log in, that required the emergency patches? Someone changed some code somewhere right? That code was deployed to all servers and/or clients and then emergency patching needed to happen. What QA/QC process was done prior to that code being deployed? It seems like that might have been flagged if it were in testlive first?

I guess I’m saying that all changes might be best to run through testlive first, even if not for some exciting feature. Maybe it is possible that some changes are not even about the game, but how we talk to Steam and have to happen to all servers/clients simultaneously? Maybe that is what is going on and I just am barking at shadows - I’ve been known to make assumptions before, without anything solid to back it up. I was a salesman by trade :wink:

2 Likes

The emergency patches were not deployed to testlive prior to release. The problems that created the emergency never show up in testlive. The FC ‘login’ may not have been enabled on testlive for some reason, but I do not remember ever seeing the FC ‘logging in’ screen.

We are all in sales, at some point in our lives, lol. As an engineer whored into manglement, I had to learn to sell my ideas to my staff, refusing to make edicts. And I agrer, all changes should be run through testlive, but there were tens of thousands of people who could not even play. If there were a chance at getting them in or awaiting feedback from the few who actively testlive, I would choose skipping TL, but only under those circumstances.

The game needs testers, knowledgeable and intelligent enough to examine and detail as far as possible to the root cause. You are among those.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

Unfortunately true. The only thing I remember happening was a slight hiccup when the official servers were down but nothing substantial after that.

1 Like

Maybe they can make like announcment ingame or on twitter or something to ask people test new patch im sure they can work something out if not much people try to help its just a matter if they want to do that.

1 Like

No fix for the Authentication Failed either. I have friends that won’t buy the game now due to all of the log in issues and server crashing issues when logging in. You might think about fixing fatal errors before fixing the superficial crap.

1 Like

Your comment is duly noted and properly filed.

3 Likes

Getting frozen screen on final load screen. I have validated my files right now 18 times since the latest patch. I have unistalled and reinstall conan, did the same to battleeye with no luck. When I do get in I can play for about 3 to 4 hours then I do a warp and it freezes up and kicks me from the game and then I have to validate my files again. Everything was working just fine till the latest patch.

1 Like

ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe has hanged and stopped working.

***After launching Conan Exiles using either the dedicated launcher program or even without using that program, it starts going through its process and then hangs and stops loading and I get a Conansandbox server-win64-test.exe has stopped working. This problem all started after 6/16/2020 Patch I can’t get my dedicated server to run conan exiles as dedicated anymore. I can play the game on it if I wanted too just to see it it works and it does, but it will not run as a dedicated Conan Exiles server anymore.
I never had any problems running conan exiles on this dedicated pc even with multiple people logging on and play on it. This all happen after this 6/16/ 2020 patch. P.S. I always run this without any Mods installed. Also there are no error messages in logs.
Here are things that I have tried, Fresh install of Conan exiles. I format my hard drive and did a fresh install of windows 10 pro. I tried different version of Conan exiles Dedicated Server launcher and I even tried the manual SteamCMD way. I even tried different port settings. I am able to host conan exiles on another PC that I own but for some reason it will not run on my original Dedicated PC that I only used for Conan. I can host any other dedicated game on this pc with no problem. I even had to switch to hosting ARK while I wait for a fix for this problem.
Question was there anything added to this new patch that can block a PC hardware from running this new version?
Server Error

1 Like