PC Patch (30.01.2020) - January Patch: General, Exploit, UI, NPC and more fixes

Is there a second patch in progress?

1 Like

@Ritual You should make a seperate thread for this on the suggestions subforums. Steam, PS4 and Xbox do have options to PM players, but I’ve seen PMs suggested a few times. (PMs should just be implemented in that case, it shouldn’t really be an admin-only feature imo)

@errordetection You may or may not be aware that building is an intended feature. It’s allowed as a PvP tactic for building on strategic areas, but in extreme cases (such as blocking off spawn) can be dealt with (see Harassment and Griefing Issues). Players should be able to build across the entire map, it’s not easy to detect when something’s spam building or not (or the game has to do a lot of calculations, which is not good for performance)
Also, they can’t explain certain exploits because it gives exploiters an easy lead on how to exploit any remaining issues.

Added fuse time to explosive jars to limit the abuse of some macros.

@zerog yes, that would indeed mean that you can no longer instantly detonate them. They’ll need to wait for the fuse time to end before they can start detonating another one.
(regardless if an action is required, idk if that’s the case)

It’s meant to be that way.

Well, not really. But it’s one of those bugs that everybody loves and have come to think of as a feature.

4 Likes

Vertical Elevators reset after leaving base. I lower to leave , I return it is raised back up forcing me to wait. This happened after patch

1 Like

@Larathiel Unfortunate that this is the case.(https://forums.funcom.com/t/chest-respawn-time-take-ages/56242/4) You should report this to the bug subforums if you haven’t recently. From what I can find, it hasn’t been reported in a long time and is specific to only a handful of people (possibly only the group of official server which your server is part of).

@Grymm @Barnes just to give double confirmation, Steam in general is/was actually down. It’s not just you and it’s not an issue with the game (the last one was a nice pun) :wink:

@Karrotcake You should make a seperate thread on the suggestions subforums. This is a suggestion which hasn’t gotten active requests from the community since 2018 after its presumed removal in Early Access.(1)

@Kilix I can’t find if it’s been fixed after its latest appearance in August, but you should make a seperate thread on these bugforums if you still experience this issue. See also How to be a pro PC bug hunter (PLEASE READ)

@Nyekomimi You should make a seperate thread in these bug subforums, see also How to be a pro PC bug hunter (PLEASE READ). This thread is for update-specific issues :wink:

@peibol ¿Te has unido a ese servidor antes de la actualización sin problemas?
Asegúrese de deshabilitar las aplicaciones de terceros (como un programa de teclas de acceso rápido).

Inglés:
Have you joined that server before the update without issues?
Be sure to disable any third party apps (such as a hotkey program).

@Ryu-Salazar There will likely be another hotfix within a month or so, they’ll take feedback from this update into account too.

Okay, unfortunately I can’t tag more than 3 people in one post and moving text takes some effort. Sorry for any confusion and most of all, additional pings :upside_down_face:

Edit: I’ll leave the replies there for today. I should’ve replied to most of you (which I originally was trying to reply to all at once)

Well like I said earlier, as of this patch it’s finally working as intended/desired, so there’s nothing to report. I’m just surprised that it wasn’t like this for others all this time. :slight_smile:

Oh, read over something then, don’t mind me :smiley:

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. the cheesing of bomb dropping during melee encounters affected as well? I will have to log in tonight, and test.

I have no clue. You should indeed test that (it’s to be weekend after all).

I will suggest change too, visible players nick on the steam. If we check servers list and more details we can read who be on the server despite such a solution in the game. I think its good idea if steam and battlemetrics don’t give information about players played in this server in the moment.

I’ll leave it to WhatMightHaveBeen. I’m not the best pyromaniac :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I got the same issue with my server!

Thanks for fixes Funcom Nice work.

I didn’t notice any changes to T3 Bearer Thralls… are they supposed to have such high HP as i always assumed this was a bug.

Server Voice Visibility settings all appear to be at 0. I can see everybody on the Steam Browser for all servers, as well as the Player List on my server.

My Testlive server shows as “invalid”. Tried both the live and the testlive clients and get same results.

Can verify this. Lowered elevators are back up when you leave and come back into range.

Kind of odd that it’s affecting your server, I have Emberlight on my singleplayer save, and no crashes, maybe the mod was updated by the time I tested it?