PC Update (06.01.2021) - Update 2.2: Bug fixing, stamina and shield overhauls!

А недостаточно скоро это когда? Шо за ответ то?)))

eugen1201 (sorry “I can’t mention”, rules of forum) So, after some testings I came up to this “solution”. First (and always) do a copy/backup of your ‘Saved’ folder.

Create a RAM Drive using imdisk, for example. Not too big. Just for holding the Saved folder. Could be 200MB. Lets call that drive ‘R’ like Ram
Then create a folder there named for example ConanSaved in that drive. So in R:\ConanSaved you have your game.db etc…

In …\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox delete the Saved folder (remember to copy it first!!) (and make a backup!!!)
Then using CMD in comand line go to your ‘…\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox’ directory and type:

mklink /D Saved R:\ConanSaved

This creates a symbolic link to the ram drive. So, when UE4 writes to ‘Saved’ is really saving to the ram drive.

Using this, all the writes will be the fastest since they’ll go to ram. All the reads will be still the same. (BTW if you have more than 64Gb of ram, you can copy all the game there).

Be aware that, if your computer crashes or it reboots THE RAM DRIVE WILL BE DELETED!. So after playing you can make another copy to your HDD/SSD (from R:\ConanSaved to local drive).

Regarding of the writings of game.db, there are still reads (like texture streaming, etc…) from UE4 stuff. So there will always be spikes in lag. But, reading and writing at the same time same drive… lack of performance…

Ignasis (sorry “I can’t mention”, rules of forum) I encourage you to check with the developers this issue, related to game.db, and reduce the frequency of writings. Probably increasing the journaling buffer of the sqlite3 db. If they do it on a thread, they just have to increase a “yield timer”. As related of writings on HDD, the less the better.

I personally think that this “bug” is something, someone forgot to change before the release.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Currently put a 200 ping cap on my server, Land of the Exiles, and it killed the lag, but I have players who can’t play. Stuttering makes game unplayable. Been surfing for days (exaggerated) trying to find a remedy. Their time is important, can we get this fixed soon? If I’m missing something please, let me know.

1 Like

Well i want to go back to Conan after this update , but now i see how they destroy another 2h weapons like Telith Sorrow , i dont want play anymore its maybe trivial mather but for me , its simple sign how in couple of months they nerf another weapons and sey its balance .

Please make a thread about any “Ghost nerfs” that you find we were told during testlive that a lot of the swords that have been nerfed was unintended and was fixed in a hotfix… not sure how they made it to love but instead of screaming about the ghost nerfs please make a bug report about them. So they don’t miss any please make a separate thread for each weapon found that way if it comes back as an intended change they can update the information released in the update or it can be fixed

Game crashing since update whenever I or my follower get in deep water, also all my followers sound like lions.

idk what happened but im now spawn stuck between my wall and furnace… tried everything, what do i do now?!!

Any chance there can be an option for the white horse with the black mane and tail? I actually liked that version. :slight_smile:

Its been 30 minutes…hopefully you came up with something. On the off chance you may still be stuck, did you try to delete the furnace?

Pick up the furnace?
Suicide and grab your things?

2 Likes

The invis one does affect me but they’re rare as. I find they only are a thing if I log into the game and a sandstorm is in progress. They also have the icon saying a sandstorm is occurring. They hurt me like normal sandstorms.

The fake one is the buggy one which doesn’t hurt but just seems to be a graphical anomaly. It also happens without fail every time I log into a server approximately five mins after

Hello! Love the new update of the combat system and all the other goodies in between, my personal space now feels way more secure. A bit too secure, so secure that no Npc on our server is attacking any players anymore? I’m unsure if this is a big problem occuring for alot of people or just me? I’ve googled and noone else seem to have had it happen except for one guy i spoke to on steams workshop that has the same problem.

Any take on this?

Best regards,
Seb the Arena building Barbarian

Still can’t play due to the client DDoS’ing the local network when we try to join a server. This has been an issue with FLS for a long time now.

Oddly it seemed almost completely resolved in Testlive, but now is worse than it was before the patch.

As someone who hosts several game servers on our local network, this issue is one of the most offensive things I have ever run into. In 40 years of coding, designing, coding, testing, and hosting, I have never before seen a company completely ignore serious issues like this unless they were based in China.

I want to offer up Conan servers for people to play on, but since this bug was introduced our population has dropped to almost nothing. I am unable to even properly admin our own servers because if I attempt to log into one, it will disconnect everyone on them, and from all of our other game servers.

What exactly does it take to make Funcom take an issue like this seriously? Many people are completely unable to utilize the multiplayer aspect of this game as a result of this issue. The thread on it has been active since September, and it’s been a reported issue since June.

When I brought it up in the testlive thread, what I assume to be a developer responded, and appeared to be completely ignorant of the issue.

And not surprisingly, they didn’t return to give any further information. It was just ignored once more.

I mean, this is Funcom’s land. I’m sure my post will get edited or removed if they take enough offense, so you have to be careful what you say. But seriously, someone needs to get off their ■■■■■ and start doing something about this. I know it’s not easy developing software, and I know what it’s like to run into issues. However to prioritize adding content, or completely overhauling existing systems over fixing game-breaking bugs is just abhorrent.
It was even mentioned that BattleEye had discovered a possible cause for the issue back in October, and then was supposedly going to be added to a testlive build.
Yet we have seen little change.

It’s a bit telling when the forum is designed to auto-close any thread that isn’t responded to within a weeks time, and the thread on this issue has been open since September.

Games still dead y’all can’t figure out squat … pvp over haul please very simple things needed and you guys try to hard for no reason it’s a joke at this point

Game will be dead until you realize no ones paying for this game… and thralls horses and sabres run pvp still you guys still can’t figure out anything with undermeshing it’s been 2 years Hoe hard can it really be… just wipe all the servers and do what you have to do

Black ice broad sword was bug in damage that never got fixed thus I assume they fix that bug and put in on its original stats but only @Ignasi can say 100% or not but sorrow I’m not sure about tjat

" * Fixed an issue that prevented Vault chests to refill their contents if they had been opened previously."

I opened a vault chest today that had nothing inside.

Hey, the latest update breaks animal behavior (animals don’t attack) when using mods that modify the weapon table. Could Funcom please fix the animal behavior logic in the base game? Thank you.

There is a thread about it already. Funcom is working on a fix, mean time there is a temporary workaround for modders to use until then.

Awesome. Any attempt at fixing xbox? No? Didnt think so. You can pull this now you read it. Cant get any answers on xbox forums, cause your too busy here, wow look at all the updates for pc and all we get is empty promises. Thank you Funcom and Tencent for showing xbox players where they stand. Have a nice day.