PC Update 2.8 - Discussion Megathread

I’ve seen that in one camp at least quite some time ago. Was disappointed as I needed a dancer at the time and it turned out none of the dancing thralls were actually dancers.

1 Like

Can confirm-official EU servers don’t show on list; direct connect gives message: Connecting timed out; could not find server. Game files (new patch) updated yesterday via Steam, successful, no corrupted files, could play, see new emotes etc. Files validated on Steam twice this morning after servers restart time.

3 Likes

I cant use Isle of Siptah map from Epic games… not just me all of us I know

1 Like

Apologies for experiencing issues with the EGS version of Conan Exiles.

We are currently looking into these Siptah issues and as soon as we know more we will be updating this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we look into this.

2 Likes

Could have been lag, but my thrall often gets out of combat and teleport behind me while hes still actually in combat (boss attacking thrall)

I was on IoS killing red mother from the rock with bow and my thrall down there fighting and tanking the boss, for some reason he gets out of combat if hes to far from me?

So he teleport behind me, really annoying (had to jump of the cliff again while the boss is trying to hump me).

Now the other issue I mentioned 100rds of times:

If I order a thrall to attack he just refuses… they only attack when the mob is close to the player or when the mob attacks the thrall.
If I order the thrall to move next to the mob I get the message that he can’t get there (ground is flat)

I’ve mentioned it before and I do it again the AI is terrible even after these changes in 2.8 it still doesn’t work.

Make the player stronger or fix the AI please for the love of god -.-

The issue persist if you order your thrall to attack, unsheats his weapon but does nothing but stand there doing nothing.

Until you “the player” get close or trigger the mob its aggro your thrall does nothing

2.8 feels really good, not least by adding some animations :face_with_peeking_eye: to the companions. But fixing the rain performance gives hope to improve the performance of the Isle of Dawn (yellow grass issue) someday.

I was mainly there on Testlive to look for bugs, but to this day this area is new and exciting for me. It is only in dreams that I wanders around it and I use the statuettes that I managed to collect for Pool of the Gray Ones.

I would like to write a new story exclusively on Siptah...

…about a ship that saves people who drown, a ship that is completely empty :dizzy_face: but somehow takes the survivors to the island on its own. A young princess, who dreams of nightmares in which she constantly fights, will be taken there. Was she destined to fight :crossed_swords: something terrible? …to find out, we have to wait for Isle of Dawn’s performance improvements or until I can figure out a way around the issue - I’m currently checking out various options. I don’t want to take screenshots for a story with the game set to the lowest quality :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes

Have you got motion blur on?
Put it off its terrible in this area :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have motion blur turned off, performance problems are similar to those with rain, but most likely caused by grass growing there. Interestingly, even enabling low-performance laptop mode, which removes all the grass from the game, does not remove the one that is causing the problems :thinking:

Why would anyone want motion blur on anyway? It’s a terrible setting for any game, even though it doesn’t create problems :face_with_spiral_eyes: (it’s just an opinion :speak_no_evil:).

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out to us. We’ve passed this issue over to the rest of the team for further investigation.

1 Like

“Slowly hides behind his screen”

I had it on so moving my camera feels smoother, but the yellow area make my eyes tired due to motion blur having a terrible effect there for some reason.

1 Like

Removed intentionally, or by accident and they will be put back?

Removed intentionally from 2.8 :blush: not sure yet if these will reappear in the future but please keep an eye out on our game updates as we are always working on improving the world of Conan Exiles.

3 Likes

Thank you for being so patient with us while we worked on the EGS issues.

You should now be able to access Siptah on EGS. Please note that you will see a small update available.
If you are still experiencing issues, please feel free to get back to us and let us know.

3 Likes

There are numerous emotes that my character has that are not in the thrall list. Is this intentional? (It should not be! Please let use use all player emotes on thralls)

New bloody static graphical glitch only seen after 2.8.

I have seen this appear rarely in other areas, but it seems to happen the most consistently around Mitra’s Serenity. I have only seen it on an official server, I could not replicate it in singleplayer.

Thrall emotes, as per the release notes to the patch, have to be found - in the same way that player emotes are found.

Coming with 2.8 is the ability to assign emotes to your followers! Whether you want them to look more alive, or stage the new and hottest choreography this side of the Exiled Lands, this feature will bring new life to your army! Along with it, we have worked on a bevy of new emotes you can learn by interacting with new locations on both game maps, both for human followers and for pets. Groovy!

The patch notes do not make any mention of thrall emotes being separate from player emotes. They mention having added new emotes to the game, but it sounds like these are new emotes for both players and thralls. I have not found a single new emote yet, but my thralls already have an emote list that includes emotes I found before patch 2.8. It just doesn’t include all the emotes that my player has. It should.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Could you also please let us know the server you’ve encountered this on?

1 Like

Official Server PvE #1501

1 Like