Performance issue ps4

**Game mode: | Single-player |
**Type of issue:Crash + Performance
Server type: Single player EU
**Hardware: ps4 org

Bug Description:

The game starts to lag/freeze/stutter after a couple of minutes after loading in. It seems to intensify during play until after 30-40min when the game is unplayable.

I noticed this especially during rendering, in NPC cities, in fights but also just running or walking the desert. Even when I start fresh it starts lagging, Even in noob river before anything is built.

It seems to run smooth for 2-3 minutes before things have loaded in properly, before npc spawn, inventory, etc.

During this the inventory load time is slow, and when manouvering in menus. Crouching or climbing can sometimes help but not when it is on it’s worst. Fighting is not possible generally except some kappas maybe in the beginning.

I have tried:
Clean Re-install with newest patch.
Rebuild database.
Delete all other games inkl. Data.
Reducing ps4 video output to 480i
Cable or no cable (i dont have ps+ so i play solo offline)

Adjusting in game settings does not make a difference, it just affects the graphic, Even on performance mode, no sound, no sandstorm, no purge it’s the same. It is not worse on Max graphic on ps4 and in quality mode, the stutter/lag is the same. Adjusting gamma, zoom, etc. Nothing helps.

Tried everything in the forums.

I dont have any dlc yet, i play on exiled lands.

Bought conan of ps store pre patch 2.5.1 (1.70) like a month ago. Same issues after the patch, which was a real bummer.

I also get stuck in disconnect screen and loose my day of progress like 1/6 times, i tried replacing bedrolls, and changing server settings to force save, but to no awail, it seems random.

Expected Behavior: I expect some spikes during heavy render of huge bases or intense fights but this is constant, I cant play more than 30min before relog.

Steps to Reproduce: Playing. Moving fast, rotating camera while running is guaranteed to provoke the issue, especially in base or e.g. sepermeru.

And I am not buying the ext SSD because I was not told to do so before buying the game. I am hoping since I just bought the game 30days ago, that I might get refunded as I cant play the way i was sold the game, I cant help but feel hustled, if you can’t help me.

1 Like

While waiting for a solution, can you try something in the meantime, load into the game at a low-peak time, like 5 or 6am in the morning. See if the increased internet connection speed improves the performance problem.

I know this is a pain in the butt to do, getting up early is hard!! But, if you can establish a control sample to compare data that would be better in understanding the problem.

The rubber banding could be related to the internet connection. Most people play online connected games at peak internet traffic times like 5pm to 10pm. This affects things like lag etc because connection speeds are reduced.

The less people online while playing, the better the game performance.

I know there are heaps of other mitigating factors like CPUs, hard drives, memory etc etc. But I think it’s worthwhile checking off internet as a factor here.

You can switch internet channels as well. Most internet services have multiple channels to service the internet. Most people don’t know this and just use the default channel. The more people on the channel using the internet, the lower the connection speed. Switching channels to one that is barely in use, will give a significant bump to your download data.

Can I post links to external sites here? Try this website…

https://www.telstra.com.au/platinum-technical-support/articles/how-can-i-improve-my-wifi-connection-speed

Anyway, sorry for the overload here. Give it a try and see what happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.