Pikes/Longspears need a new move set

Poke, poke, poke, poke stamina gone

I get it’s to keep the enemy at reach but to me it feels useless plus is VERY slow compared to most weapons add some sweeps or something other than poke poke.

3 Likes

Spear is at a good spot in my opinion, maybe some practice is needed so you don’t run out of stam. That being said as much as I love the harpy spear on siptah it does make other spears a bit obsolete.

1 Like

Spear has one of the best animations (if not the best) in the game that needs skill and movement for. Wich should not be changed, except speed or what ever. But since wield/unwield was taken away, people have to hit n roll alot more than before, wich is the case with all weapons, since you dont want to be stuck in the animation since it makes you an easy target.

So no, spear does not need a new moveset, other weapons sure maybe. Or just make an option to get out of animation faster so people dont have to roll all the time.

Also, getting out of stamina is just your own fault.

Pikes/longspears do need a new moveset again as I said poke, poke, poke thats basically it

1 Like

spears is the harder weapon to master.
but its the best weapon for pvp if you have the skill.

3 Likes

Fact.

A polearm has a lot of moves aside from stabby, stabby. A short sweep meant to back folks up, overhead slash/smash, upward slash/smash, and a huge sweep, cuts, parries, etc. It is an elegant and complex weapon, unlike the presentation in game.

3 Likes

Yeah it would be great if you could choose what part of each combo when you wanted to, through maybe attack button direction/ another button

1 Like

Eh? No. Not at all. I would state that along with daggers spears are the easiest.

1 Like

We had this. In 2018/2019.

5 Likes

Sometimes things that seem obvious, as the op tries to present them, that they need no skills, they need more than we can imagine. For me spear is the most difficult weapon to master. You have to be “in trance” all the time, no mistakes allowed in this weapon because you are exposed then! They are very difficult against croud attacks too, yet you see people who master spears can kill 3 opponents like poets.
I play the last one and a half year mainly pve, I quit all the others.
I use war axe as main, can you believe that I still learn?

1 Like

Swords can be used this way as well though it is one of the most avoided weapon .

1 Like

@Sairdontis
Not anymore. Especially after 2.4 swords are used more. I remember when we started the game the only sword I was fixing was the stone sword and I didn’t even use it, it was just leveling you up so you can fix daggers and throw it away. After 2.4 they get back in the game for good.
Now it’s just a good option, not the best either the worst. Swords can do a really good job and their lights actually break a lot of combos. I am not fond of them a lot but I use them. They have really good animation with throwing weapons on the left hand too.
It is good for me that I don’t hate them, if you understand me, I believe that the weapons are way more balanced now since the beginning. Any melee weapon is welcome now, but daggers and war axe are more than welcome :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes

Those movesets are much closer to how a polearm is used. The animations are great and the one handed spin move is a confidence sapper for opponents, done when out of range of a counter attack.

I tried to use a spear recently, but the stabby stab stab move set in a single plane was just too frustrating.

2 Likes

I’ve defaulted to the single handed axe for the crowd control and the ability to attack, dodge to the side, stam regain, continue.

3 Likes

@Pugilist
Lights in the axe can be more effective and fatal than the heavy ones. I used to spam mostly heavy, now I use combos of lights and heavys to stagger or to break combos. Lights consume very little stamina and it gives huge advantage. I keep practicing, fighting with war axe I feel like dancing not fighting some times, they did an awesome job.

1 Like

I just killed someone using an Ancient Lemurian Waraxe with my pesky stone daggers. :smiley:

4 Likes

@SirDaveWolf
This about you makes no surprise to me. Yet what would really surprise me will be someone to kill you with stone daggers while you were holding the ancient lemurian axe :wink:. You are an old dog, the only thing that can kill you is your overconfidence, or a speed hack and for the second I would still bet on you :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

1 Like

Wdym? Majority of playerbase totally love new light attacks animations. Players on every platform use only light attacks on spear, those fine crafted, non restricting, good animations.
(Sarcasm)

again, best moveset in the game. And what’s the different. Poke poke, or swing swing, like with any other weapon that you dont even need any aim pretty much to use.

1 Like

Trust me, there is more than that, that can kill him :wink:

Old light attacks tho, was much more fun that this ones. And higher speed, and make it possible to dodge out of attack animations any time would make a lot.

1 Like