Please give us a Bell

So I know a bell has been suggested in the past, so I figured I’d add my idea for implementing it easily (maybe?) to motivate Funcom to put it into motion. So I have an idea to make the bell a package deal:

Standing Bell: pretty self-explanatory, the bell stands up on a hanging chassis of sorts. Something like the Liberty Bell, but maybe intentionally on the ground, as opposed to a hanging bell that’s just being exhibited. It can interacted with, similar to the nemedian gong. Something like this…

Hanging Bell: this is probably a bit more tricky, but I think it’s doable if used appropriately. My suggestion would be not so much a bell that hangs, but maybe more akin to the standing bell. However, instead of standing on the ground, it stands on a hatch door frame and works similar to a vertical elevator. What I mean is this… if you snap it to a hatch frame, it’ll stand above it (with room to put walls or windows on all four sides without clipping through) and a pull chord will hang down to wherever the next floor or ceiling tile is below. So, just like an elevator, the chord will stop at the floor below it. This will allow people to have a bell tower WITH an interactive bell that doesn’t require you to climb up to interact with it.

5 Likes

Also need a hand-held shame bell in that package.

6 Likes

I thought it was called “repent ye sinners the end is nigh bell”.

Maybe I need a shame bell for being so wrong.

4 Likes

Lol probably… but yeah, maybe an emote for that too. :rofl:

2 Likes

Anyone else find it a bit surreal that we went from being pulled down from a cross, surviving a sandstorm with nasty monsters in it, and trying to survive in a harsh environment, to building our Ken and Barbie dream homes?
By all means lets have a bell.
We can ring out justice, we can ring out a warning…or was that the hammer?

3 Likes

Australia was once a prison colony too.

2 Likes

I thought it still was…lol.

2023-04-13 09_48_01-Window

5 Likes

6 Likes

You should put that one in Exiled Lands accoutrements.
Then again, what do I know … we got big mechanical toys now.
What’s next? A Shotgun Slingshot?

I like the way you think! :+1:

What the hell is this? Missing the most beautiful state.

1 Like

Are you sure she’s not a dominatrix?

1 Like

Practical ones should be great.
Ring the bells, to gather the guarding slaves/animals in a set radius closer to the bell, when there is a purge or raid.
Big horns should have similar function too, like a small buff for a minute to guarding thralls/animals when blown, since non-following followers are weaker now.

2 Likes

Hmm. I think I have an old Barbie doll in my cupboard I had intended to use for kitbashing but never did anything about it. Now I’m tempted to tune her up to an Exiled Lands warrior.

2 Likes

Nah, if they make it to function like an elevator - they 100% will mess it up so players could be launched in the air when they pull the rope - imagine PVP folk faces :grin: I would suggest activating it by firing arrows (similar to the Dregs push plates) - and making different arrow types activating different bell sound :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I like that idea, but having two versions would be better. Some for a practical use as you suggested, and some for general RP use. Sometimes you wanna put a bell on a ship or tower, just because it looks good and realistic, not because you want thralls to rally around it. However, I know that rally bell was useful in Fallout 4 to gather all the settlers in one place for management purposes.

1 Like

Eh… sounds way more complicated and more than likely would be a far worse result for Funcom. Also, if I have the bell closed in for looks, I’m not gonna be able to fire arrows at it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.