Please make growing plant fibre worth it

@stelagel is the one to go to when it comes to finding things in early game he is the best I have run into. Also a good friend.

1 Like

Yup. Usually I get a lot just doing that, but more often than not I’m mr hurry and throw it away because of encumbrance, so I can get done faster with the temples. Those sexy religious outfits need to roll out fast so I can dress my thralls! :grinning:

2 Likes

Blood is not needed if you use dung? That’s actually pretty cool because I hadn’t yet seen the point of producing dung. Now I do! :grin:

1 Like

Yes! That’s my accidentally discover :man_shrugging:! You know that I respect wiki and the editors, but I don’t use it, I love the “accidents”. I remember putting accidentally seeds and fiber in the camp with my stakes and it started giving me gruel :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Same happened with my first bread. I was renovating my kitchen and I placed all the planters in my klin furnace until I will place my new pots. I started the furnace and I saw bread and I was wtf??? It’s so nice to find out things this way, the feeling is special :joy:.

2 Likes

My first playthroughs were like that. I still remember the croc I had to fight constantly just to get to my hut. I had played “The Forest” before and was still in that mindset. Everything slow and steady. :smile:
I knew nothing.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, the only way to make a “profit” from the planters is from using the dryers as well. Grow some plants from seeds, dry the plants you grown to yield more seeds than you used, then grow more plants than you had grown the previous time, dry them into yet more seeds, rinse repeat.

So, 1 seed = 10 plant fiber. But when you dry 3 plant fiber you get 1 seed. So from that 10 plant fiber you would get 3 seeds with 1 plant fiber left over. From those 3 seeds you would grow 30 plant fiber and thus dry them into 10 seeds which would grown 100 plant fiber. Over time you would increase your “profit” substantially.

5 Likes

You still need bark :wink:. So if it is to take a pick, or a pickaxe to farm bark, why the heck you don’t take your sickle go farm fiber and get it done easier than all the other ways :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
But it’s true, if you want to get better efficiency on farming plants, dryer is the key! Excellent suggestion @Oduda :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Bark is to make oil for hardned leather and fuel! :laughing: And for the tannery! You don’t change bark for fiber. That’s a bad deal, especially because dryers are gluttons for bark. :smile:

1 Like

Or. . .
You can take a sickle, and in 2 minutes gather a few thousand plant fiber.

3 Likes

Yes, obviously harvesting with a tool is far superior to farming. But since the OP is talking about growing plant fiber being more viable I merely gave him a better option to make it at least a little more viable. Still not nearly at worthwhile as just using a sickle on bushes though.

1 Like

You could also argue that using oil for fuel is a waste when you could be using dry wood (and using the resin to make stone consolident). Dryers are also useful for several of your cooking recipes for your better buffs. It’s all a matter of what you want to do (and if you are near an area with a lot of the dead white trees near by, getting bark will never be an issue anyway).

2 Likes

Although dry wood is a little bit less efficient, I use it often if I’m low on ichor, but oil comes so cheap that unless I’m making armors, I opt for oil. It’s fast to make. And after I make Zath’s temple, it’s very rare I run low on ichor. But dry wood is an excellent fuel and it wouldn’t be the first time I would run my furnaces solely on it, @Oduda .

Food is a thing again, it seems, but I’ve yet to discover its new wonders. :wink:
I just started playing 3.0 a week ago or so. Any tips for food? I used to love the feast of Derketo. A bit time consuming, but I used to make a few stacks. Right now, I’m still mostly on a grills diet. The most complex I cooked this time around was cooked pork feast, and I only made ten. :smile:

That all depends on what you are running. There are foods and drinks for +agility weapon damage, +strength weapon damage, +follower damage, +concussive damage, +carrying capacity. You name it it’s there.

1 Like

I’m not afraid of Volcano. There is one place where you can find Obsidian nodes just at the entrance (near the bridge with merchants) and even outside so heat is not a problem. I’m afraid of North: it’s cold, there are wolves and other unpleasant stuff you have to pass to get there. So I prefer not to travel too far north without good armor and good Thrall.

1 Like

It’s very good to get some plants that grow far from your base or don’t grow at all (Grey Lotus). I’ve got enough Grey Lotus from several seeds I’ve found in floatsome in Siptah. Plant fiber is much easier to get with sickle (and plant extra seeds of course!)

Try this: Savory Feast - Official Conan Exiles Wiki
It’s a base recipe but very useful when you go out hunting Thralls.

1 Like

There’s ways to go through it without aggroing a single beast. You just need to know where to step. And if things turn sour, just climb a tree. :wink:
There’s a path that goes through Bjorn’s last stand (the ruin with the gost trebuchet with a bear inside), that leads you to two close entrances of the volcano. One (the one that looks like a dragon mouth, useful if you want to go straight to the well of skelos. Up yo the right, the hidden way. To get there, you just need to know how to navigate the mounds safely, which is easy. There are many ways to do it. Remember. If things go bad, run or climb. Wolves, climb. Blues, run. But you can do it on rags and ice alone. Be careful with the rocknoses on the volcano as they shoot those spikes that cause bleeding.

1 Like

I will try it. Is that the one that boosts concussive dmg? Nice. :blush:

1 Like

Marcos please help me I am desperated man, did you find the damn button that adjusts the hight of our first placed foundation? I am missing more, like pet e motes and other things but this is the most annoying. It use to be triangle button to change the rotate to up and down. Now how do you do it?