PLEDGE: Give us a HARD Block limit/ Placement pieces on Official Servers

It might as well be. 15k is five HUGE castles! It’s a flipping city! 60k is an expansive metropolis capable of covering several square kilometers if not many square kilometers.

My first base was 5.4k and covered roughly 10,000 square meters - 3 central buildings 3, 3, and 5 stories tall any one of which could house a clan of 10. My next base was 3.2k, comprised of two 4-story buildings A triple tower and a traditional castle - all four capable of containing all the benches in the game many in triplicate and also 10 to 15 beds (each).

This base 542 pieces, fits all the benches “Improved” where applicable - in quadruplicate for some, 20 chests, 2 horses, a stable, thrall wheel, 8 thralls, 8 freezers, and has room for about 6 or 8 beds. 60k parts would be ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY of these… This is why I’m doubting you’ve even ever built anything yourself. And yes, it demonstrates that you’re not understanding the uber-simple concepts that Funcom is laying out.

It’s not me implying that you can’t understand these simple concepts… It’s you demonstrating you’re not understanding them. And that’s not a personal attack either!

Q. What is Funcom doing?
A. Banning players who violate the ToS.

Q. What does the ToS say?
A. By playing on an official server you are asked to follow the rules below.
… Some specific cases where we will act when made aware:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.
  • Abuse of the claim system where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other players’ access to resources and building spots.
  • Massive constructions or over-use of memory intensive items leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.
    Time will not be spent to carefully remove only offending pieces. All constructions belonging to the owner (player or clan) will be destroyed. There will be no refunds of materials or inventories.

It is almost impossible to use 15k parts and NOT violate several of these conditions. It is absolutely impossible to to use 60k parts and not violate just about all of them. And that is not anyone’s “opinion” it’s just the makeup of the game-map.

Alright, fair enough… you started sighting the rules apparently without understanding the tense and tone and usually flagging is the next thing…

Sure you could if you wanted to but even bringing that up tells me once again, you’re completely misunderstanding the issue. Just for S&G tho, my rig maintains about 200 FPS at 4k HDR 10+ with everything set to Cinematic - although I usually play the game in a 1440p UW window. Client-side performance is only one very small part of it though. More of concern to FC is server performance and other player’s experiences! Again, not my opinion - that’s from FC…

You are, yes. You are accusing me of personally attacking you when I am not. That in it’s worst light is lying about me - and in the best light is again - not understanding something you should be able to.

Why do I have to be tolerant of bad ideas? No thank you.

Yes, someone already mentioned that they saw 15 people getting banned. :stuck_out_tongue: So, yeah, you’re not the only one with these ideas. But such ideas are a fundamental misunderstanding of what FC is doing.

Really? That doesn’t look like a question to me:

There have been a whole bunch. Here’s just one such!

1 Like