POLL => Roll/Dodge Changes

The update won’t go on testlive anyways

Havnt updated my game… so Havnt messed with it. I rarely used heavy armor, but side step was neat. Kinda like Dual Blades in Monster Hunter.

I think only issue was in pvp do to crazy way it was out of jail card, long as you werent blocked in. lol.

Only think I disliked…was how it went so bloodly far, and some ledges arent as flat, so you end up going off, and then have deal with the fell 1 inch Now slide 10miles downwards…

If I had a dollar…

1 Like

Honestly, while I’m apprehensive, I’ll need to try it first…

1 Like

I haven’t played with the new roll system yet. I’m just going off the streams I’ve seen. That said, it looks good to me, but too slow on the slow end… Almost silly slow. I think it will need some tweaks before it’s g2g.

2 Likes

Apparently (a little) yes!

But also…

I checked the Testlive Patch and I see that I was unnecessarily worried. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Going to check it out on TestLive now, and I would suggest anyone else who is worried* do the same. Then at least we can have a proper discussion from a (somewhat) informed background, instead of just this:

*and able to access TestLive, I know not everyone is.

3 Likes

How about not voting about stuff you haven’t played with yourself

Because the result doesn’t reflect not your point of view?
And please, for heaven’s sake, don’t use this childish phrase “the game is dying” every time the changes of the game are going into a direction you personally don’t like.

1 Like

I’ve had all of last night and some of this morning to doink around with it.

Until your character achieves the requisite flexibility in her attribute points, as in has enough of them to throw around, she will be rockin the Light Armor. All of the default, low-buff rolls in Mids and Trashcans are sloooooooooooooooooooow.

2 Likes

Your making a poll before 90% of the people get to try the new system so ya myself I’ll wait.

Nice! does this work with the weapon change issue where they’ll stop attacking all together if you change their weapon?

Yahoo! A report maybe? For us console using barbarians?

To put it like 2016 Americans Election, the polls show the numbers that are true hahah. It looks like most people are like me and are happy that their still chasing their vision and putting big updates into the game.

I’ve been testing it on testlive and I well I would like the old system for sure. I’m a dodger, I’ve always favor light or medium builds over heavy ones.

Having said that, in full honesty and after testing for many hours on testlive I’d have to say that with the right amount of points you can somewhat obtain the same results as before in terms of dodge speed and recovery time (time it takes for a player to stand up) after the dodge animation. See I think most of you guys who are not liking the new system are approaching this change without analizing all the pieces. For me there are two main issues and non of those is the time it takes to roll, because either you are using light or medium set. #1 I would say one of the main issues is the time it takes to initiate a sprint after you have recovered from a dodge, there is a way to circunvent this inconvenient, however I’ll not mention how to do so because I want that to be in place for as long as possible, proficient pvpers will know how to right away. #2 is that you can no longer run while circling/facing a target, the game kills your momemtum immediately, you can always calculate where your opponent is but this gets more difficult as the number of opponents increases and you need to add it takes a second or two to gain speed. I would say this is valid for players tho, you are most likely to use a thrall to fight npc camps so it doesn’t really matter in that regard.

So yeah my two cents right there. Hope it helps.

Edit + : Something I forgot to mention is that it really feels like you are punishing dodgers and I get that you wanna add more value to other builds/weapons but light/dodge is suppose to be a fast build, the way the game limitis your options while moving sideways or the time it takes to gain speed after certain actions is a bit lame because it’s the same for every build and it shouldn’t. Some balancing is needed there.

3 Likes

A quick report is, upliftingly, that there’s nothing to worry about. It’s different, for sure, but it’s not impossible. That’s not to say I’m 100% in love with this new system just yet, but I certainly don’t hate it. The character feels slower and less responsive, which IMO is not a good thing, but supposedly that’s what they were aiming for.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I realize this is childish, but… analyzing. It’s a rather important distinction in meaning there friend :beers:

5 Likes

oh but humor :monkey:

1 Like

great! Im excited for it. thanks for the fast response!

Sadly, no.

hihihi :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like