**Poll removed due to my lack of foresight on the numbers who check the forums vs the community as a whole.
While I can understand wanting to balance things a bit, but entire overhauls of systems that have been in the game since the start purely for pvp reasons seems remiss, please re-consider this change.
Perhaps consider tweaking it by making it a mix, say new med roll for heavy armor vs the hop and keep the quick one for super light as an example. Or even make the light roll a perk instead, thus making choosing your stat points something with more weight in pvp situations. It would also negate any potential issues with world ai that won’t be changed to reflect the changes to the new animations and slower rolls.
These mechanics have been a core piece of the game and it’s identity since it was released, why continue to remove or overhaul things that make the game what it is and have not only brought in, but also kept the audiences? The weapon changes were a good example, it would have been more simple to just speed up hammers a little.
Rp and pve are the bigger audiences (last I knew), the roll mechanic and the look were important as is for those 2 community groups for a variety of reasons.
Edit: Thanks to Shadoza for waking my brain up a bit more. I should really be saying, this change needs to be balanced for -all- the communities, not just the pvp group as it’s a mechanic that is important to pve and rp as well. Here are some examples as to how it helps with pve/rp.
If you would like something added to this list as to reasons this should be reverted or at least re visited, please ping me!
- The roll helped balance the weakness of light armor vs even mini boss mobs, which many will 2 shot even in the best lights. You add on popular mods like AoC and this becomes even more important, and tends to even make light armor useless for pve.
- It was a helpful mechanic to get away from mobs that still have broken leashing from patches 6+ months ago
- Without a party mechanic, it helped balance issues involving ff on bosses that were smaller then dragons(which still have ff issues) when you have more then one person.
- You often get stuck to or in mobs still, the light armor speed and length gave you a better chance of “detaching”.
- Without the quicker roll it is potentially easier to get pinned into a corner without ai changes to npcs, which are now smart enough to path around long distances, and even jump ledges.
- It looked better(and no crotch shot), smoother vs awkwardly slow and stiff, even for heavy armor that roll was super stiff and out of place with the speed chosen, much like the 2 handed axe changes.
- It was one thing that can help make pvp battles with rp involved a little more interesting too, especially when a lot of us build to our characters vs min maxing. Someone in lights can have a decent spar with someone in heavy vs it being a quick 2 shot. An Arena event has longer battles without resorting to iron weapons
Thank you for your time,